• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

So I had booked an April 24th shot for Significant Eater, at the closest place I was able to find, SUNY Orange, which is about a 75 mile drive.

Then yesterday, using the concert ticket strategy of never stopping and always looking for something better because it's all a scam, some mass vax sites popped up with openings. And now her first shot is this Friday, at the Bathgate Post Office in the Bronx.  Yay.  And since she's (ahem) over 50, she won't even have to pretend she's a public facing government employee. (In actuality, the guidelines do state government employees who interface with public facing government employees are 1B, and are allowed to get vaccines in NY).

I'm surprised you've had so much trouble booking an appointment. I used the NY Health & Hospitals vaccine finder and got one at Gouverneur after about two days of auto-refreshing (and there are a lot more appointments available now).

7 minutes ago, small h said:

Oh, I see. (Eligibility is not strictly enforced, between you, me and the lamp post.) And I think you have a car, yes?

Eligibility is strictly enforced when one (my wife) is a stickler for being ethically observant.

OTOH, on the first day I became eligible, I was able to make a next-day appointment at a facility down the street from me.  But SE’s new eligiblity cohort was more than twice as big as mine. 

4 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Eligibility is strictly enforced when one (my wife) is a stickler for being ethically observant.

Understood. I got some pressure from one of my employers to "at least try," with the not-so-subtle implication that my job might be in danger if I didn't.

16 minutes ago, small h said:

Understood. I got some pressure from one of my employers to "at least try," with the not-so-subtle implication that my job might be in danger if I didn't.

Sorry to hear that one of your employers is a prick.

1 minute ago, joethefoodie said:

Sorry to hear that one of your employers is a prick.

Yup. There's a lot I like about my work, and a lot I don't like.

8 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I hated practicing law more than I can articulate, but one good thing was that nobody was going to tell you to lie on an application. 

Or to lie on a really long form for certain security clearances.