Or their staff will do what some of my restaurant's employees did on a regular Saturday night...put whatever they're stealing (in the case it was a case of prime steaks, bottles of wine and (ffs) small wares) in garbage bags near the end of the night and put it in the dumpster. We were lucky enough to catch them thanks to the restaurant staff from next door ratting them out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Note that the hamhanded notice came from the hotel, not just the restaurant.  And is mainly directed at hotel guests, not restaurant guests.

Hotel management is obviously concerned about what "self-help" remedies the staff they fired with little notice and no severance might effectuate.

54 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

...put whatever they're stealing in garbage bags near the end of the night and put it in the dumpster.

I had a colleague (pretty shady generally and not my favorite human) who lifted a complete service for six from the Plaza. You can fit a lot in a video camera case.

My college's student housing/dining coops bought the same tableware as the campus-run dining halls, to make replenishment easy.

One year Tank House kitchen had all its plates, bowls, and silver lifted by another coop. Tank held a contest to encourage residents to replace it all, and noncoop friends could pitch in. I was on the regular dining plan because more friends ate there, and because I preferred stacked breaded chicken patties to "barbecued tofu." So out of my dining hall I discreetly clanked and jingled with my backpack full of dishes 'n' things, meal after meal, bringing it all to my Tank House gf, helping her win first, second, and also third prize. I was not a good boyfriend, but I was a good thief.

In corona news, lovely spouse and I, 50+, will get our first Moderna shots a week and a half from now, in a narrow, independent pharmacy I wouldn't normally want to visit unvaccinated -- our plague catch-22. But the big, airy, state/FEMA center at Medgar Evers, a little closer, didn't have any first stabs sooner.

In Mexican resorts they search employees on the way out, but not managers, which is why managers charge employees a percentage of what they smuggle out on their behalf. I assume the same is true at the NoMad.

• Like 1

I find it a bit weird how anti-indoor-dining Sutton and other Eater writers are these days. I wouldn't want them encouraging excess, but when you have a somewhat well known food writer saying "I had covid and I've been vaccinated and I still won't eat indoors" it's a bit strange no?

On 3/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, Tubbs said:

I find it a bit weird how anti-indoor-dining Sutton and other Eater writers are these days. I wouldn't want them encouraging excess, but when you have a somewhat well known food writer saying "I had covid and I've been vaccinated and I still won't eat indoors" it's a bit strange no?

The "I told you so" option is free and will become very valuable if deaths due to case growth outstrip the reduction due to vaccination at some point. 

Got my first shot this morning. It took 17 minutes from the time I entered Javits Center to the time I sat down for the 15 minute observation period, and that was with an IT glitch. I'm very impressed with how well organized it was.

Provided certain benchmarks are met, California is going to totally open up on June 15.  I have to say that it makes me a little nervous, even though both N and I should be fully vaccinated by then.

For my second shot, I got shunted to a different City site, a couple of blocks closer than the initial one.  It was slightly slower than the first one — but only slightly.  I was still in and out in less than a half hour.  And the staff couldn’t have been more wonderful. 

I am now working on generating some side effects.