I'd like to ask those of you in any states who have had your vaccination, what has the process been like for you? Right now where I am, they heard all of the people with appointments into a room and seat them about 6 ft apart. Then a nurse with a cart rules around to each person who is getting a vaccination. And there are assistants who are the ones who fill the syringes with the vaccine. They say it's supposed to be more efficient this way.  

When my mother got her vaccination, the people with appointments went to a table where a nurse was stationed to get their vaccinations. So using that system, the nurse was stationary and the patients were mobile whereas now, the nurses are mobile but the patients are stationary.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

I had mine at a hospital and moved around a lot. First, I was seated in a waiting area to fill out a form. Then I was called to a desk in a large room to be checked in. Then I went to a cubicle to get stuck by a nurse. Then I went to another waiting area to sit for 15:00 in case I had a bad reaction to the vaccine.

27 minutes ago, prasantrin said:

I'd like to ask those of you in any states who have had your vaccination, what has the process been like for you? Right now where I am, they heard all of the people with appointments into a room and seat them about 6 ft apart. Then a nurse with a cart rules around to each person who is getting a vaccination. And there are assistants who are the ones who fill the syringes with the vaccine. They say it's supposed to be more efficient this way.  

When my mother got her vaccination, the people with appointments went to a table where a nurse was stationed to get their vaccinations. So using that system, the nurse was stationary and the patients were mobile whereas now, the nurses are mobile but the patients are stationary.

After registration, we were directed through an empty rat track to individual tech manned stabbing stations, id confirmed, shot in arm, directed to 15 minute observation area.  In and out in 20 minutes.   

No reactions, either shot, but then we're old.

Was checked in outside, let in, put on a (distanced) line, when I got to the head of the line was directed to a table or cubicle (depending on the different locations' set-ups), sat down, answered a few questions, and was inoculated.  Then was directed to a holding pen with distanced seats, where, having been given a slip of paper stating the time I could leave, I waited 15 minutes (during which, after my first shot, I made my appointment for the second).  Then, when my release time came, checked out and left.

The mass vax sites now seem to have their shit together, as Sig Eater waited less than 5 minutes for her shot, then was out in another 15. I don't even think she had to fill out any forms, other than what was done on line.

But the hypos are filled in a different area for sure. If at a hospital (like where I got mine), they are filled in the pharmacy. And the shots are given either in cubicles or, as was my second shot, in a private room.

NY State now also has some sort of vaccine passport program, working with CLEARME. Of course when I registered and entered my vaccine dates, it came back as not knowing who I was.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/08/vaccine-passport-new-york-excelsior-pass/ 

Even though I had an appointment, I arrived like an hour and a half early (we had been out doing stuff) and they let me in.  This vaccination center was at a local school, and the vaccines were being given in a big gymnasium. I showed my confirmation and my driver's license to prove I live in this zip code; they scanned the bar code on the confirmation and checked my ID.  I then went into the gym where there were 8 vaccine stations set up.  Got the shot and then waited 15 minutes in a cordoned-off part of the gym with chairs 6 feet apart.  In and out in 20 minutes.

I went to one of the mass vax sites (Javits Center). It took 17 minutes from the time I walked in the door to sitting in chairs for the observation period - and that was with IT problems when they were checking me in. I'm very impressed with how well it was run - walked in, there were folks checking your registration. Then they shunted you down a passage way and directing you based on whether you were scheduled for Pfizer or J&J (they're giving both at this location). Another person then told you which desk to sit down at and they asked for ID, your registration, and checked you in. Then you got sent down another passage were you were directed to a vaccine station staffed by two people. One verified your registration and took care of scheduling your 2nd vaccine while the other had pre-filled syringes and injected you. Then you went to chairs (where they had water) spaced 6 feet apart and you were directed to sit. And after about 15 minutes they told everyone sitting in your row you could leave.

N got Moderna #2 yesterday and it hit her like a ton of bricks today: nausea, slight fever, thirst, and every muscle and bone in her body aching.  Since I got Moderna also, I'm anticipating dose #2 to hit hard too.  At least I'm getting the 2nd dose on a Saturday, so I have Sunday to get through the worst of things.

I got Moderna #2 on Sunday and had one rough night, and a medium rough next day. 99.8 degree fever, chills, body aches (I swear I could feel my radius and my ulna separately), fatigue and a VERY sore arm. I'm fine now, with just a slightly sore arm.

Second Pfizer yesterday. This time the sore arm hit almost immediately (rather than next day as with the first dose) and was worse*, but it's almost gone now. Today, the same odd, light-headed jetlag feeling. I don't know if it has anything else up its sleeve for me. 30 hours now.

* But with something like that I just remind myself of walking on an arthritic hip and laugh scornfully.

Ours was a big rec center run jointly by a town and a hospital. One gym had 15+ stations that you were directed to after registering (some for each Vax depending on what they had that day) and a second gym to wait. Very well run, in and out in 20 minutes, they've been processing 2k+ a day since January. 

i got my first pfizer on march 19. barely felt the needle go in. had minimal arm soreness the first night, a bit more the second day and then it went away. no fever, headache, chills etc. on the second day after i felt a bit dragged down but given how little sleep i get on the regular i just ascribed it to that. only realized it was a side effect when the missus experienced the same two weeks later when she got her first pfizer shot.

got my second last friday. again barely felt the needle*. again had minimal arm soreness the first night and then a bit more than the last time the next day and it lingered into the second day after. exhaustion on the second day was quite a bit more than after the first shot but it was gone by the evening. got off lucky compared to some--though a friend who is the exact same age got off even luckier, with no exhaustion at all.

in about another 10 days i will be at full protection. the missus will join me in that state two weeks after that. we're not planning to eat in anywhere either until we're closer to herd immunity in minnesota. though she will likely fly (masked) to l.a in late may to see her mother after a year and a half. i had been hoping i might be able to get to india for a couple of weeks in june but that is now looking like it would be a catastrophically bad idea.

*they may have been using the smallest possible needles where i got my shots--a satellite location of the mayo clinic. and it's possible that whether you are getting your shot from a seasoned nurse/clinic technician or a grocery store pharmacy employee makes a lot of difference to the soreness.

My experience with Pfizer pretty much identical to Mongo's, right down to not feeling the needle, although the tiredness was no worse from the second shot. That was 48 hours ago, so I assume I'm in the clear now.