reading back, it looks like i got off easier than you did the first time and my second shot exhaustion is what you got both times. yeah, moderate jet lag is how it felt: brain a bit foggy, moving a little slower.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

I had my second Pfizer injection this past Saturday. First shot I had a sore arm, about like a tetanus booster, for about 36 hours otherwise no symptoms. Second shot I had a sore arm (although I have a tendon issue in that shoulder so it is hard to tell how badly) and felt a little dragged after working outside all afternoon that night but was back to normal on Sunday.

I had a mid-level bout of Covid in early October with no long term issues. Perhaps whatever antibodies I'm still producing were protective from symptom standpoint. I've also heard that many in my age group (mid-50s) seem to have fairly mild reactions compared to younger folks.

Ours was in an independent pharmacy. When I began several hours of occasional searches for walkable appointments after eligibility dropped to our age, the big state/FEMA site near us was booked. Small NYC pharmacies once couldn't give vaccinations, because only the big chains had separate rooms required by local law. I guess that's been suspended.

The catch-22: we'd normally avoid such a narrow, stuffy space unvaccinated. But that's where I found our first available stabbing. So we had a lovely long walk through Prospect Park, through the Long Meadow, past the Boathouse and lake, and finally a few blocks past the park.

The cashier and the pharmacist took us early and quickly. Our shots, maybe three feet behind the register, were painless. We'll look forward to our second with them next month. We sat for 15 minutes spitting distance from a shelf stocker whose mask was on her chin, but we had our N95s.

In the next aisle people chatted: "Didja hear two people got shot?"

J&J vaccination - optimized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went for my second shot yesterday. Whole thing took less than 10 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen my son as excited as when I gave him the news. He was literally bouncing up and down (on his bed).

At least if you have side effects you don't have to worry whether the vaccine took. 

Not that you have to worry if you don't have side effects, I hasten to add.  But when I learned, after my extremely unpleasant second-dose side effects got me onto the web to do research, that drinking heavily after a dose can slightly lessen effectiveness as it relaxes your antibody production just as it relaxes everything else, I was almost relieved to be suffering so.

So other than getting a 2 hour wave of extreme exhaustion on Friday, which really could have been caused by anything I had no after effects from #2. I feel lucky.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

So other than getting a 2 hour wave of extreme exhaustion on Friday, which really could have been caused by anything I had no after effects from #2. I feel lucky.

Pretty much the same for wife. 

I have to say being in NOLA for almost a week, and now Tuscaloosa has been very interesting. Two meals (lunch and dinner) each day, consumed in restaurants. The restaurants are very serious about following the local COVID rules/restrictions. Especially masking when moving around the restaurant. The patrons, not so much. But most comply without argument (eyerolls excepted). On the streets is a whole different matter. Many, many without masks-even though the are mandated. Have to say had I not had both shots + 14 days, I would have been uncomfortable in NOLA on the streets. I expected Birmingham and Tuscaloosa to be worse. I was wrong. A pleasant surprise. 

Flights are still a mixed bag. Depends on the crews...and whether (Delta) has disruptions and need those middle seats they promised to block until 5/1 🙄😡.

A little late, NYT! I have never been on board with the whole "one drink per day" is moderate if you're a female person. If that's moderate, what's light? A teaspoon of wine with dinner?