Last night, my first drink indoors and at a bar in a little over 13 months. Distanced, masked when not drinking, and plastic-screened from the bartender and other (distanced) drinkers. And vaccinated, of course.

I kind of enjoyed it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Just received an email that one of the boy's teachers tested positive for COVID and now the entire first grade has to quarantine for a week. Just kill me now.

• Sad 1
On 4/28/2021 at 7:20 AM, Wilfrid said:

Last night, my first drink indoors and at a bar in a little over 13 months. Distanced, masked when not drinking, and plastic-screened from the bartender and other (distanced) drinkers. And vaccinated, of course.

I kind of enjoyed it.

I WANT bars and restaurants to be open.   I WANT to go out.   But "distanced, masked when not drinking, and plastic-screened from the bartender and other (distanced) drinkers." is not anything that makes we run to either locals or destinations.    It's not a cost/value thing, but rather a "I wish I'd burned a burger at home" preference.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, bloviatrix said:

Just received an email that one of the boy's teachers tested positive for COVID and now the entire first grade has to quarantine for a week. Just kill me now.

Just learned from a reliable source the teacher isn't vaccinated (we were under the impression she was) because she's afraid it will negatively impact her fertility. I know the school can't mandate the vaccines for faculty as long as they're EUA but the fertility stuff is bullshit.

17 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

she's afraid it will negatively impact her fertility.

I have a cousin who's a NYC public school teacher. She was (apparently) sane until recently, but of late she's become less sane and has decided she's not getting the vaccine. She already has two kids, so I don't think fertility is the issue.

My brother posts on Facebook: "Shot 2 of the Moderna knocked me on my ass. Fever, chills, aches, lack of interest in food, fatigue for ~24 hours. . . . Go get vaccinated. Just don't do it on the day before a workday."

My Moderna #2 is today. And I have a big deadline tomorrow. And what's this "lack of interest in food"?!

With luck, maybe either I or my brother is adopted.

8 hours ago, Josh Karpf said:

My brother posts on Facebook: "Shot 2 of the Moderna knocked me on my ass. Fever, chills, aches, lack of interest in food, fatigue for ~24 hours. . . . Go get vaccinated. Just don't do it on the day before a workday."

My Moderna #2 is today. And I have a big deadline tomorrow. And what's this "lack of interest in food"?!

With luck, maybe either I or my brother is adopted.

Yup, that was N's experience.  Moderna #2 for me is this Saturday.  We'll see if I have the fortitude to participate in the virtual Cinco de Mayo beer and tequila fest happening that evening.  (If not, the goods will be consumed later.)

To prove I am not my brother, maybe, I've snacked on a pile of dumplings between lunch and dinner, and on two English muffins w/ butter after dinner. So far so good.

I have found no correlation of family relationships and Covid vaccine side effects, only of that and allergic reactions. But I did find one article that encourages moving the injected arm around. So I've been flapping my left wing, on and off, since snack #1.

Second Moderna vaccine effects were limited to shoulder soreness (better than the first time), heavy thirst, and a mild, short bout of nausea and fatigue.  I didn't do the beer & tequila fest out of caution, but had a ferocious appetite so I was able to eat a nice dinner.

Boy went for PCR test #2 (he only needed the one today, but we took him on Wednesday eve so he would be cleared to play sports this weekend after not leaving the apartment for days) and he's cleared to go back to school on Tuesday!!! One more day of Zoom and then he's out of the house. Counting the hours....