That's really terrible about the person who lied.  Glad to hear your daughter is ok. Hope her boyfriend has a great recovery.

Our kids school is turning into a quasi super spreader event. 6 kids in one grade ( which is 25% of the grade) at least three of whom are the older siblings of my son's classmates.  Our kids have just hit the two week post second shot mark so fingers crossed.  I might be eating lots of prime rib.

Very low vax rate in the under 12s out here. Less than 30% with one shot vs 95% on the same metric for >18.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

gotta cut this out. Its now an endemic virus with actually pretty benign outcomes if you are able to be vaxxed.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

That's really terrible about the person who lied.  Glad to hear your daughter is ok. Hope her boyfriend has a great recovery.

Our kids school is turning into a quasi super spreader event. 6 kids in one grade ( which is 25% of the grade) at least three of whom are the older siblings of my son's classmates.  Our kids have just hit the two week post second shot mark so fingers crossed.  I might be eating lots of prime rib.

Very low vax rate in the under 12s out here. Less than 30% with one shot vs 95% on the same metric for >18.

Thank you. Wishing your children the best.

I'm sorry about your daughter and her boyfriend, and any others who may have been infected by the a-hole liar. Thankfully your daughter's case was not too serious, and hopefully neither she nor boyfriend suffer any long term effects. I wonder if liar will emerge from all this with friends intact      

My brother, who was double vaccinated and quite fit and healthy, also recently contracted covid along with the rest of his family. The sucky part is that his wife who claims she's vaccine hesitant, but she perfectly fits the profile of an anti-vaxxer, was the least ill of the family. My brother was probably the most seriously ill, and although he was not hospitalized, he ended up getting Regeneron. Their children are also not vaccinated because although they were told they could decide for themselves, they were following the lead of their mother. No word to date on whether they finally decided to get the jab (I'm quite sure sil won't, but maybe there's still hope for the kids). 

19 hours ago, voyager said:

Can you expand?

Here you go:

" Assuming an incubation period distribution of mean 5.2 days from a separate study of early COVID-19 cases1, we inferred that infectiousness started from 12.3 days (95% CI, 5.9–17.0 days) before symptom onset and peaked at symptom onset (95% CI, –0.9–0.9 days) (Fig. 1c). We further observed that only <0.1% of transmission would occur before 7 days, 1% of transmission would occur before 5 days and 9% of transmission would occur before 3 days prior to symptom onset. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0869-5

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, sweatshorts said:

Have a number of positive tests within my social circle today, everyone vaccinated, some vaccinated plus boosted. It's weird, it feels like March 2020 again. Everyone is freaking out.

But are any of them, you know, sick?

7 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

Everything I've been seeing (plus anecdotally the speed that this is going through NFL teams, colleges, etc) implies that delta/omicron are MUCH quicker. 

Omicron is almost certainly much quicker, not sure about Delta. 

Just now, sweatshorts said:

Some people have colds!

Yeah I have no idea how to feel about this. On the one hand it seems like it's just ripping through everywhere now, vaxed or not, then again I don't know if I should actually be worried! 

7 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

But are any of them, you know, sick?

Also a good question. I heard a medical expert arguing persuasively that the increase in cases we’re seeing is no longer the crucial metric. We should be looking at hospitalizations and other measures of severe disease, because a lot of these new cases are relatively mild.