• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

“Math”?  You really AREN’T English anymore. 

Oh dear, you’re right.

I see the Times reporting on restaurants and bars closing as staff test positive. I don’t feel we’re in a very good place right now. Typing this from waiting room where I am spending 15 minutes after getting boosted. Phew.

Later ETA: Also, my arm hurts. :boosted:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Oh dear, you’re right.

I see the Times reporting on restaurants and bars closing as staff test positive. I don’t feel we’re in a very good place right now. Typing this from waiting room where I am spending 15 minutes after getting boosted. Phew.

Later ETA: Also, my arm hurts. :boosted:

From what I’ve read, it takes 10 days to 2 weeks for the booster to have the highest level of effectiveness.

After my booster, I had a slightly sore arm for about two days. The next day, I felt a bit out of sorts but not the extreme fatigue I experienced after the second shot. In both instances, fine the next (except for the sore arm).

On 12/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, Evelyn said:

I just spent 36 hours in Memphis. You'd never guess there was a pandemic/uptick in COVID. And last night, at Bama's basketball game against Memphis, YIKES. Originally we were told fans attending would need to show proof of vaccination. And mask up going in, leaving and keep a mask on if you were within 12 ft of the court. None of the above were in force. Other than our crew, I bet I didn't see more than maybe 200 masks in an arena that held 18,000 +. So not only did we lose a game we shouldn't have (not because Memphis didn't play as well as they have all year-but because we were lethargic at best) now we are truly on COVID watch 😲🤬

A little update. Memphis had to cancel their game against Tennessee scheduled for today due to COVID issues within the program 😳. So far, no positive tests for our travel party. Fingers are definitely crossed though...

2 hours ago, rozrapp said:

From what I’ve read, it takes 10 days to 2 weeks for the booster to have the highest level of effectiveness.

After my booster, I had a slightly sore arm for about two days. The next day, I felt a bit out of sorts but not the extreme fatigue I experienced after the second shot. In both instances, fine the next (except for the sore arm).

Pretty much identical experience here. Notably sore arm, slight wooziness. I walked nearly five miles today so I can’t claim fatigue.

Right but if people aren't getting sick......

No one is going to avoid getting this. Unless you don't leave your house. 

Seems like this was bad a few weeks ago but because people weren't getting tested we did not realize it. Gottlieb said this morning that results from wastewater were bad well over a week ago. 

And I'm not sure how good these rapid tests are. I know at least 3 people who tested positive with a rapid and then negative with a PCR. 

7 minutes ago, Orik said:

Would you rather get it in March 2020 or next year? That's the answer as to why it's better to delay infection - vaccines and treatments have improved and will keep improving. 

I'd rather not get it at all but seems as though the mortality rate for vaxxed and healthy people is now approaching the mortality rate of other things I have done and will continue to do. Like drive in Rome. 😄