47 minutes ago, mitchells said:

I'd rather not get it at all but seems as though the mortality rate for vaxxed and healthy people is now approaching the mortality rate of other things I have done and will continue to do. Like drive in Rome. 😄

On the other hand early Pfizer and J&J are no longer effective (and remember restaurant staff got vaxxed very early) and many people aren't getting boosted, and there's still plenty of Delta... seems like current duty of care standards are not to have known active cases in a restaurant. 

As to the idea that we're finding cases because of testing, it's just not supported by the numbers. Cases have genuinely quintupled in two weeks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Orik said:

As to the idea that we're finding cases because of testing, it's just not supported by the numbers. Cases have genuinely quintupled in two weeks.

Sorry to have implied that, it is not what I meant. No doubt cases are out of control. I was just trying to say they were out of control a solid week or two before we realized they were out of control. Wastewater indications were high well before testing results.  

I changed plans this week. It’s not a time to be hanging out in bars and restaurants even with other vaccinated people. My booster will not have fully taken effect until New Year. Around mid-January we should have a better idea of how catastrophic this all is.

I consider myself a fairly risk-tolerant person, but I don’t particularly want even mild flu-like symptoms for the holidays.

The friend who is most fearful of Covid (she has underlying health issues and both of her parents died of it in Jan '21) tested positive today. She contracted it from her spouse who she believes got it from going into the office. Both of them have received their boosters.

Fingers crossed. My dear friend with damaged lungs (pneumonia) will be upstate with her parents in the middle of nowhere for the holidays, and although I’d like to see her I’m relieved. She sheltered up there during the worst months of 2020.

For their anniversary, my parents usually go into Manhattan to see a show and then have dinner at Le Rivage.  Not this year.  They're fully vaccinated and boosted, but they're also in their late 70s and are thus wary of big crowds right now.  Also, because shows are closing left and right they were worried they could lose the money spent on tickets.

Meanwhile, I had the pleasure of seeing poor mask-wearing at the local Kaiser facility.

It's just crazy out here in the NJ burbs. I know more people testing positive in the last week than the entire period since April 2020. Everyone vaxed, most adults boosted. My wife's hospital told docs to just stop sending people in for PCR unless its for surgery/admission as the backlog is too long. 

It's going to be an absolute disaster next week when people start trying to come home from the Caribbean and testing positive...islands have a 14 day quarantine or get a private flight home...

NYC announced the Times Square New Year’s Eve Crowd reduced by 75%. Great. What does that mean? 45,000 people show up, can’t get through the barriers, and do -what!?

I am quite unhappy with the “Carry on” attitude I’m seeing right now. I hope I’m wrong and it’s all fine.

We received an email from my son's school yesterday saying they're offering parents the option of having their kids attend via Zoom starting Monday until they start winter break at the end of January. It's apparently tearing through the school.

13 hours ago, Tubbs said:

It's just crazy out here in the NJ burbs. I know more people testing positive in the last week than the entire period since April 2020. Everyone vaxed, most adults boosted. My wife's hospital told docs to just stop sending people in for PCR unless its for surgery/admission as the backlog is too long. 

It's going to be an absolute disaster next week when people start trying to come home from the Caribbean and testing positive...islands have a 14 day quarantine or get a private flight home...

As best I can tell it's ripping through every where but I'm yet to hear someone with symptoms even similar to my very mild case last year at this time.

3 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

As best I can tell it's ripping through every where but I'm yet to hear someone with symptoms even similar to my very mild case last year at this time.

Slight aches and pains, sudden loss of taste/smell, tiredness, no cough, no breathing problems, lasted less than a week. That was my daughter, and I think it was before we knew the word Omicron. Double vaccinated not boosted.