• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

gotta cut this out. Its now an endemic virus with actually pretty benign outcomes if you are able to be vaxxed.

I don't disagree with the logic of that, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that we all spent almost two years being very forcefully drilled into a different mind-set.

I'm also not particularly confident that future variants will remain benign.

1 hour ago, Anthony Bonner said:

it was the CEO of one of BIIBs competitors so I'm pretty sure they would have a lot to say about it.

It didn't have zero trials. It had a failed trial. That's different.

I have some inside knowledge on that trial, and I'm very surprised it got approved.  That's all I can say.

3 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

I don't disagree with the logic of that, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that we all spent almost two years being very forcefully drilled into a different mind-set.

I'm also not particularly confident that future variants will remain benign.

I think there is some history to suggest the odds of lower virulence and higher communicability over time are on our side. Of course that doesn't mean we can get a variant that spreads for a time with worse outcomes.

3 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Those were two years without vaccines, though.  Right?

No, I was fully vaccinated in April 2021, but in any case the powerful message was that, whether by isolation or vaccination, we should strive by all means not to be infected.

It isn’t easy now to absorb the, hey, it doesn’t matter message, as an emotional rather than logical matter. Of course, once I’ve had it, I’ll probably be singing the same tune.

1 hour ago, Anthony Bonner said:

I think there is some history to suggest the odds of lower virulence and higher communicability over time are on our side. Of course that doesn't mean we can get a variant that spreads for a time with worse outcomes.

5 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

No, I was fully vaccinated in April 2021, but in any case the powerful message was that, whether by isolation or vaccination, we should strive by all means not to be infected.

It isn’t easy now to absorb the, hey, it doesn’t matter message, as an emotional rather than logical matter. Of course, once I’ve had it, I’ll probably be singing the same tune.

Lots to consider.    I/we've never been healthier than 2020/21   Not a cold, not a sniffle. 

Severely vetted social events.   

Universal N95 masking.

No international travel, BUT most of our targets have been closed temporarily or more sadly permanently.   

Current infections seem less debilitating, but I DO WORRY about long haul residual downstream aftereffects.