Or stay out of young watering holes.     SF latest statistics on demos...

• both342695833_ScreenShot2022-01-07at8_56_18AM.thumb.png.1eadbfd5985939c727bde1da1c564e44.pngAdditionally, the two highest infection residential areas are the Marina and South Beach, both popular wih young renters.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Since college football started in August (and basketball in October) I have been tested numerous times due to my proximity to coaches, staff and athletes (at last announcement 95% of whom are vaccinated and boosted). So far, I have not tested positive. Vaccinated and boosted.

But, I have to think I've had COVID due to number and duration of probable exposures. Hard to tell due to air travel between the desert and more moist climes, my sinuses are always reacting to some type of allergen or climate change. Since I am always surrounded by a gym or stadium full of Southerners. Of whom, I would guess probably at least 30% (and that might be underestimating) are unvaccinated. Like in the packed gym in Memphis (which was the worst). Home venues. The Georgia Dome. AT & T stadium etc. Basically no masks in sight. Indianapolis will also be no mask or proof of vaccination necessary. The only exception so far was in Seattle. Where proof of vaccination was needed to get into Climate Pledge Arena. The chances are definitely higher than normal that I've been infected. I've been tempted to take a serology test. But, other than to cure my sense of curiosity, there's no reason to bother since my behavior won't change one way, or the other unless a more serious variant appears. 

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

To put it bluntly, if I looked at the risk of driving the way some people look at the risk of COVID, I'd never get in a car.

I seem to recall you being an excellent passenger.

7 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

Washington State publishes decent data - the Vax rate there is roughly 80%. 900 vaxxed people died with Covid in 2021 (obviously no data about co-morbidities) 577 people there died  in Car accidents.  So its not a magnitude difference. And if you believe Omicron is less deadly the math looks even closer.

The total number of deaths is more like 10,000 but I suppose if we’re addressing risk to Sneak it’s fair to look at vaxxed deaths. 

On 1/7/2022 at 12:52 AM, Wilfrid said:

Well again, no, risk of (serious) car crash is less than 0.5%. Getting in a car is really safe.

I was surprised how low deaths per miles traveled was (1 in 100mm). Even more surprising was the average deadly car crash only resulted in 1.1 deaths. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, bloviatrix said:

Received a text last night that our Shabbat lunch host tested positive yesterday. Neither her spouse or kids are showing symptoms. All but the baby are vaccinated/boosted. Sent an email to the school asking what to do as they didn't address this kind of exposure in their most recent protocols and we were told since the boy is vaccinated it's ok to send him to school. Tomorrow we'll all get tested since it's day 5.

It will be a miracle if we get through this month without getting sick (mind you I finally recovered from the flu which ruined my entire December)

We're negative.

• Like 2

United cut back their schedule and put out a press release. 3k employees out due to covid (infection or contact), 0 hospitalized, and 0 deaths in 8 weeks.  They have vax mandate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kid (vaccinated) brought it back from school, symptom free. Now I have it, despite recent booster, unfortunately not symptom free. All signs point to omicron. I won’t die or anything but it’s not much fun. If I had gotten one of the earlier variants without vaccine I would for sure have ended up on a respirator, or worse.