• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Thanks all. Important piece of information is multiple, multiple antigen tests all showed up negative, and the symptoms are very common cold-like. Given the timing (they use PCR In schools), we ordered an antigen test from Siemens that is supposed to be more sensitive to the variant and that was the first one that flagged it. Meaning plenty of self testing people are unknowingly carrying it around, at least following German rules it’s fairly clear why the infection rates are so high. 

Mr. B’s conspiracy theory is that the government is trying to achieve stealth herd immunity…

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Behemoth said:

Mr. B’s conspiracy theory is that the government is trying to achieve stealth herd immunity…

Tell Mr. B to stay off the sub-Reddits! That way lies madness.

17 minutes ago, Behemoth said:

The free test kits Biden is sending everyone are seeded with 6G antennas! 

9 hours ago, Behemoth said:

Thanks all. Important piece of information is multiple, multiple antigen tests all showed up negative, and the symptoms are very common cold-like. Given the timing (they use PCR In schools), we ordered an antigen test from Siemens that is supposed to be more sensitive to the variant and that was the first one that flagged it. Meaning plenty of self testing people are unknowingly carrying it around, at least following German rules it’s fairly clear why the infection rates are so high. 

A friend in LA had a similar experience with tests. She was feeling miserable and didn’t  get a positive until test #4.

• 1 month later...

Truth or Covid? Ch. 3.

So today I got an explanation of benefits for my late December ER visit.  I was in ER about 6 hours.  The charges (to date) outlined over 4 pages are $16,575.60.  Medicare paid $1,288.35.  My supplemental carrier (based on prior employment) paid $217.34.  At this point, I owe nothing.

I'm sure more is coming.  Still, politics aside, you wonder how much time is devoted in our health care system to cranking out these "bills" and why?

7 hours ago, hollywood said:

I'm sure more is coming.  Still, politics aside, you wonder how much time is devoted in our health care system to cranking out these "bills" and why?

And if the person right next to you in the ER, for the same exact reason but with other insurance carriers got an EOB, it would look very different. They each have their own little scams.

My overnight stay last August, post-lumbar surgery, involved a few visits from various doctors very early in the morning. None of whom I knew. One came because he has the same first name as me and liked my name.  His specialty, according to what I could figure out, was billing. (The hospital bill not including a single doctor or procedure, was over $86K, of which I paid $0).

As someone heavily involved in the health insurance system, it is all very effed up. There are a few companies trying to change the way it works (in small steps) but it is an uphill climb. 

The next big thing are gene and cell therapies with price tags in the millions per dose or per patient. One of my clients had one of those patients and the bill was $32 million before any adjustments. 

• Like 1

One of the weirdest aspects in this whole world of health insurance - the AFC championship game was played in a stadium now sporting the name of our health insurance provider! I had to do a double take, look it up, and indeed - one and the same.

3 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

And if the person right next to you in the ER, for the same exact reason but with other insurance carriers got an EOB, it would look very different. They each have their own little scams.

My overnight stay last August, post-lumbar surgery, involved a few visits from various doctors very early in the morning. None of whom I knew. One came because he has the same first name as me and liked my name.  His specialty, according to what I could figure out, was billing. (The hospital bill not including a single doctor or procedure, was over $86K, of which I paid $0).

Reminds me of the time the hospital thoughtfully supplied me with an out-of-network anaesthesiologist.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Reminds me of the time the hospital thoughtfully supplied me with an out-of-network anaesthesiologist.

Oh yeah, they sneak this shit in all the time.

My surgeon is actually out-of-network.  We worked out a "deal."