Yes. I am afraid we will look back on the St Patrick's Day celebration as a mistake, but at the same time it would have been very difficult politically to have canceled it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, voyager said:

I would print and frame this, titled, "the perfect meal".

It is a personal favorite! I was hoping to throw in a dozen oysters, but both Gray Lady and Ssel Rose were closed.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AaronS said:

last drink was at sea witch on the way home from ko bar's anniversary event where they served a few things from the opening menu.

We had plenty of time to drink at Ko because they had a health inspection and were unable to cook anything for over an hour. I had to resist the urge to ask the inspector if the doh didn't have better things to do at the time than to check if someone was making their own vermouth. 

I don't remember the last pre-pandemic bar visit, but the last pre-pandemic indoors dining we did was at an Afghani restaurant in Livermore with a couple of friends, after seeing Portrait of a Lady on Fire.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 4:48 PM, Wilfrid said:

Helio’s wine classes! (Not on Helio’s initiative to be fair.)

If bars and libraries close I might as well go to bed for a month. Can work from bed, of course.

At Helio’s this evening, first time in a long time. He is still there and is by now an institution. Still the best wine bar in the city.

8 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

At Helio’s this evening, 

Where's this?

7 hours ago, AaronS said:

I finally got around to catching it, and now that I'm over it the kids have it. fun fun fun.

Hope you're doing OK, as well as the kids. Gotta be the new subvariant raging around town.

Kid went to school on Wednesday, started to feel lousy - fever, congestion, sore throat. They tested him with a rapid - Positive.

We've now tested tested the whole family twice with PCRs, Negative both times.

9 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

At Helio’s this evening, first time in a long time. He is still there and is by now an institution. Still the best wine bar in the city.

He's even got hecklers now. 

50 minutes ago, Orik said:

He's even got hecklers now. 

He can hold his own. It's a gift to make Burgundy sound like the worst drink in the world.

@Joe The very, very long-running series of Spanish wine classes at Instituto Cervantes. 

• Like 1

My b-i-l got COVID last week, while my sister and nephew had colds.  Fun times at their house.  At least sister and nephew tested negative for COVID several times.