we received our second booster a month ago (since hubby and i qualify due to being immuno-compromised).

and i thought,  “now would be a good time to get the shingles shot”. little did i know what i was in for. ppl tell me #2 (in may 2022) will be better…i sure hope so!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I’ma get a shingles shot when I get my second booster.

I am NOT looking forward to it. 

11 hours ago, Diancecht said:

:(

my shoulder was a mess for a couple of days 

I came down with shingles after having the previous, not so effective, shingles vax.    Trust me, a messed up shoulder for a couple of days is a treat compared to a month or more with the stinging itch/neurolgic pain of even a mild case of shingles.   

While my experience doesn't define everyone's, the day after I got the 2nd shingles vaccine I got so dizzy I fell on the floor of my bathroom and almost passed out.  Thank goodness I didn't hit my head on anything.  While I just wanted to crawl into bed and stay there, after a call to the Kaiser phone nurse service N decided it was best to take me to the ER.  I was OK after a round of IV fluids.

I've never had a reaction like that to any vaccine, not even the first shingles shot.

While I've been blasted on another forum for suggesting something so "unscientific", there is anecdotal evidence plus recommendations from "talking head" TV MDs that one should drink several glasses of water before a (covid) vax.    Given the several reactions mentioned above, I'd take on a boatload of water before taking covid and shingles shots at one sitting.    Superstition, perhaps, but I'd still do it.