1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Did your partner get it?

He did not. I had no symptoms at all and wouldn't even have known I had it were it not for the tests I have to take every so often for work. I'm glad I learned I was positive and was able to take steps to keep him safe, because he has more risk factors than I do.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

gotta cut this out. Its now an endemic virus with actually pretty benign outcomes if you are able to be vaxxed.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, small h said:

He did not. I had no symptoms at all and wouldn't even have known I had it were it not for the tests

Wow  - I wish I could say Sig Eater was asymptomatic (especially since her symptoms so closely matched her allergy suffering). But when she was really stuffy and coughing, I felt a test was indicated, and indeed proved positive. Really hard to tell what day zero is with allergy season, cat shedding season, and general miasma from the state of the world are all taking place at the same time.

2 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Wow  - I wish I could say Sig Eater was asymptomatic (especially since her symptoms so closely matched her allergy suffering). But when she was really stuffy and coughing, I felt a test was indicated, and indeed proved positive. Really hard to tell what day zero is with allergy season, cat shedding season, and general miasma from the state of the world are all taking place at the same time.

been sick for a week. serial covid testing negative. could be a norovirus, i guess. definitely the worst allergy season ever.  speedy recovery wishes to all who are ailing

• Like 2

Have a business acquaintance who had been feeling ill for a couple weeks. She self-tested several times, each with a negative result. After about 3 weeks, she finally got a positive result.      

Pim made an interesting ig post (or story?) about her experience with self tests. Short answer, some tests are better than others, and method matters.

So my boss doesn't have COVID, but she does have walking pneumonia.  I had that when I was in 2nd grade, and I had to stay home for 2 weeks, on bed/couch rest.

the covid that I caught in early april was pretty unpleasant, I never had trouble breathing (or was scared for my life) but there were liquids pouring out of my head for about 72 hours and I've never had a flu/cold/stomach bug that was that physically uncomfortable. the person I probably got it from, who had a slightly milder set of the same symptoms a few days before I did, never tested positive with at home tests.

hope splinky and sig eater feel better soon.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Every day I wake up and think, "oh shit, I've got it."

And then test negative.  And also realize that my allergies totally suck.

i would go out for an official PCR test but the pollen would kill me...

5 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Went out for a short walk yesterday evening. Came back with nose streaming and eyes on fire. 

The wind yesterday was driving my eyes crazy.

3 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Went out for a short walk yesterday evening. Came back with nose streaming and eyes on fire. 

3 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

And these are reasons to never leave the bar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Have you tried Pataday for your eyes? I’ve been using it for years for allergy itchy eyes. Used to be by prescription, but two years ago, it became OTC. There are two versions: once-a-day and twice-a-day. I use the twice-a-day since the once-a-day didn’t work well for me. I found that out years ago when my ophthalmologist mistakenly wrote the script for the once and after I tried it had to give me another for the twice. (At this point, my allergy  season — about two weeks at the beginning of May — is done.)

N is now under quarantine for the 3rd time, due to another chorus member testing positive today following yesterday's rehearsal.  The concert was scheduled for this Friday, but now they have to strike the choral piece from the program and rejigger things.  All of that hard work down the drain, thanks to one person and the super-strict protocols the symphony has in place.