I watched many customers in the pharmacy face situations similar to yours. Since I sat for 30 + minutes waiting. I had a 9 am appointment. Got there at 8:45 as instructed. When there was a break in the line of unhappy customers-I took the baton and asked why, at 9:15 am was I still waiting. Basically immediately taken to the person administering the booster. And am told it would be another 10 minutes. Because the vaccine has to be out of the refrigerator for that long before she could give me the shot. I (as pleasantly as possible) unloaded on her. Got at 6 apologies while I sat in the room with her waiting for the timer to go off. I usually use Walgreens. But my other 3 shots were via CVS. And figured dealing with one provider might be better in the long run. After today, I may rethink that stance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

gotta cut this out. Its now an endemic virus with actually pretty benign outcomes if you are able to be vaxxed.

Posted Images

We are equidistant between Walgreen's and CVS.    I have always used Walgreen's for both non-mail prescriptions and routine shots.     Husband got his nose out of joint at Walgreen's and we both started using CVS.    Granted that shoplifting is rampant in SF, but they keep their shelves close to empty.   The cashier people are totally incompetent.    But the pharmacy seems squared away, particularly for covid shots.    Plus, they now bombard husband with 30% off coupons which he finds irresistible.    We have made it a point to use other CVS stores when out and about,    Both San Rafael and Albany are excellent for product availability.    

The curse of urban living.

I have found the pharm techs at both Walgreen's and CVS to be superb.   Maybe as suggested early on in covid they are using ultra thin needles but I have never felt even one of them so far.    But same for our history of flu shots.   As a kid, I remember FEELING the needle.   No more.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, Evelyn said:

Booster 2 acquired this morning. 

(in other random questions--why is CVS always such a clusterf*ck?)

A note on side effects. Mine were slightly different this time. Arm pain started much sooner than before. And definitely stronger. And this time I also had chills and a mild headache (and I basically never have headaches).

11 hours ago, Evelyn said:

A note on side effects. Mine were slightly different this time. Arm pain started much sooner than before. And definitely stronger. And this time I also had chills and a mild headache (and I basically never have headaches).

Have you had all vaccines in the same arm? Because sometimes when you have the same vaccine multiple times in close proximately to each other you can develop an increased sensitivity. We had it happen with the kid when he was little.

Is there any good data on whether booster for under 50s actually has a significant affect on transmission? Wife and I both have one booster (in my case a full moderna not the half), debating if it makes sense to get another booster a few weeks before travel. 

On 7/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Evelyn said:

Thank you for that--I have had them all in my left arm. I will remember to switch out next time I get a jab.

I've had all five shots in my left arm because I use my right arm more. Pros and cons.

14 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

I've had all five shots in my left arm because I use my right arm more. Pros and cons.

I have always heard that you should get it in the arm you use more, as moving it around will end up making it hurt less.