Palm Beach County was more Covid aware anyway. (Which is saying something)

Paris surprisingly not far off Florida/Quebec.  Italy in March was still pretty focused on green passes.

India was def like here a year ago. Masks in public places generally, though meals / meetings unmasked. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Were is masking where you live?    In town, in our neighborhoods, few are seen outdoors but in businesses almost 100%.

In the country, few in either venue, but without getting political, that's nor surprise.

NYC - where I'm basically just in midtown and on transit really very little at this point.  Three months ago on transit a reasonable amount. So my experience in the city is quite narrow. I have not a great view on places people actually live.

The Burbs - Covid is in the past.  I think this spike people aren't even quarantining 

Barely anyone was wearing a mask on the B train today - I had to be in midtown for meetings. Much better adherence on the 1 going uptown when I head to the office.

I'm sitting on an at capacity private bus going from fancy NJ burbs to Midtown and there is not a single mask being worn.  Would also note that the two towns that provide the bulk of the passengers have democrat controlled town governments.

2 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

I'm sitting on an at capacity private bus going from fancy NJ burbs to Midtown and there is not a single mask being worn.

Masters of the Universe don't need no stinkin' masks.

BART goes back and forth with the mask mandate--back on now.  Even when it was off, I'd say at least 85% of riders were still masked.  The touristy MUNI F line is another matter--30% masked at the most.

Masks are recommended but optional everywhere in my province. Private businesses can make their own rules, and a small percentage are still requiring masks from either customers, employees, or both. At restaurants I noticed servers mostly still wear masks. But I've been to a couple large-ish (200+ people) events where very few attendees wore masks despite being seated fairly close together. I'm going to Cirque du Soleil this weekend. I predict I'll see about a dozen people wearing masks out of a crowd of 1000+.      

I find it weird that I often see children <5 wearing masks, but their parents aren't. I understand that children<5 couldn't be vaccinated (until recently), but why make your child (who will likely suffer few or mild effects if they get sick) wear a mask when you (who may suffer more serious illness or effects) don't?

What's interesting to me (professionally as well as personally) is the different approaches of performance venues.

Now, in NYC, pretty much all the for-profits have dropped vaccine/mask requirements.  Most of the not-for-profits haven't (I had to show proof and ID, and wear a mask, at a movie at Lincoln Center tonight).  You could plausibly draw a distinction between the not-for-profits that generally attract a more um "seasoned" audience* and those that don't, but that wouldn't completely explain some of the current discrepancies.

I mean, it's kind of obvious why not-for-profits don't feel subject to the same imperatives as for-profits.  But it's interesting how that might be driving the for-profits to better decisionmaking (depending on your viewpoint:  I'm happier with the proof-and-mask requirements myself).

* I got any number of surveys about two weeks ago from any number of older-adult-oriented not-for-profit performing arts organizations (you know the ones) asking me if I'd be comfortable coming to shows without proof and/or without masking.  They really want to figure out if they'd lose more of their audience than they'd gain by dropping the requirements.

7 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

What's interesting to me (professionally as well as personally) is the different approaches of performance venues.

Now, in NYC, pretty much all the for-profits have dropped vaccine/mask requirements.  Most of the not-for-profits haven't (I had to show proof and ID, and wear a mask, at a movie at Lincoln Center tonight).  You could plausibly draw a distinction between the not-for-profits that generally attract a more um "seasoned" audience* and those that don't, but that wouldn't completely explain some of the current discrepancies).

I mean, it's kind of obvious why not-for-profits don't feel subject to the same imperatives as for-profits.  But it's interesting how that might be driving the for-profits to better decisionmaking (depending on your viewpoint:  I'm happier with the proof-and-mask requirements myself).

* I got any number of surveys about two weeks ago from any number of older-adult-oriented not-for-profit performing arts organizations (you know the ones) asking me if I'd be comfortable coming to shows without proof and/or without masking.  They really want to figure out if they'd lose more of their audience than they'd gain by dropping the requirements.

Oh. There are all sorts of interesting observations to me made around who/where is and isn't masking