Corona Virus Cooking

Grilled poussin marinated in garlic, zahtar, lemon and olive oil. Grilled lemon added at the end. With grilled eggplant with chermoula and whole roasted cauliflower. We love the semi boneless poussins. Perfect for one and so easy to grill evenly.

Down to only green beans for fresh vegetables and that will be gone after tonight. Have frozen peas, broccoli and spinach but may need to venture out for salad greens.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our last meal from someone other than me was this...     pizza from Scarr's.  Their pizza has actually gotten better, in my opinion, as they've worked the crust to near perfection for this style

Chicken in vin jaune, morels, asparagus, coucous

I finally made really good fries at home. so exciting.

Posted Images

Here’s my pantry: canned tomatoes, canned pintos, cannellini, chickpeas, black beans. Tuna , sardines, chicken broth. Penne, spaghetti, orichetti, couscous, rice. Tons of condiments. Onions, potatoes, celery, carrots, oranges, lemons. Crackers, hummus, granola, supermarket cheddar. Jarred artichokes. Yoghurt. I’ve done or am planning obvious things: greens with a baked potato, Marcella onion tomato sauce, minestrone, colcannon made with kale, pasta with tuna chickpeas and lemon , omelettes. Oh, I also have 18 eggs and frozen spinach, peas and cauliflower. Any suggestions?

Are people in NY not going out at all? Here you can get out, it's just that the limit on number of people who can be in a store at any given time makes the queue wait times annoying. I try to go at off hours, or to  small neighbourhood places that don't get as overrun. Or order for pickup. Also my allergies are really bad now and sneezing in public has become extremely fraught. So I'm limiting to once a week or so, though with the good weather waiting outside is not so unpleasant (as long as I've taken my allergy medicine). 

Also annoying is that completely random things are unavailable. As of last week eggs (flour no longer a problem) and weirdly, I'm having a hard time finding cumin. 

I’m not going out. At least not for a couple of weeks. I have asthma and of course I’m in NYC which has a very high rate of contagion. I moved my office home on the 16th and since then I’ve been out twice for about ten minutes—-once to the bank , once to the pharmacy.

Modified spaghetti pie (spaghetti, eggs, spinach. assuming no hard cheeses, so cheddar instead?)

https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/01/spaghetti-pie-with-pecorino-and-black-pepper/

Tortilla español: eggs, potatoes

I like tuna mixed with white beans, diced cooked potatoes, lemon juice, EVOO, olives if you have, and perhaps chopped artichokes if not. Can sub garbanzos for the white beans.

As for cooking, it sounds like you have everything and just need a way to pick. How about playing a version of Chopped but going in alphabetical order of ingredients? Or expiration date?

I'm doing expiration dates. Already killed a package of katsuobushi and some bbq sauce (though not in the same meal.) 

The week before my office closed I spent a bundle on Uber. No way I was getting on public transportation

Oh yeah, I stopped taking public transport in February. But luckily I can bike everywhere. Munich may not be as densely populated but the subways/busses/trolleys were always packed. 

There are probably 50 people out on our block right now. The west side is far better behaved. 

Next up in virus cookery - caparrones, since we have alubias de anguiano and approximately the right mix of embutidos