Corona Virus Cooking

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our last meal from someone other than me was this...     pizza from Scarr's.  Their pizza has actually gotten better, in my opinion, as they've worked the crust to near perfection for this style

Chicken in vin jaune, morels, asparagus, coucous

I finally made really good fries at home. so exciting.

Posted Images

The smartest thing I have done is having gotten in the habit of freezing pizza.. in my freezer I have whats left of two square pies from mama's too, one square pie from Difaras, one plain pie from Pauli Gee's and one large grandma from Santillos.   I also have a lamb head, 4 dry aged steaks, 4 pork chops in a fennel marinade, 2 lamb chops in a similar marinade and three game hens..   But, the amount of old stock and spices I am going through has been amazing.  Good to clean it out... 

For those of you looking for  fish, pierless fish has a nice assortment.  I have also found a few grocery stores that are primarily empty.   The one Korean Grocery Store on Myrtle and classon is always empty.  They give you gloves and have hand sanitizer in addition to having Korean Frozen products, a large selections of produce and meat.   

I am finally seeing my son after 1.5 months on friday.. My inlaws asked for meat so, i am bringing up three whole chickens 5 pounds of flank steak, 5 lbs of pork chops, 2 whole pork loins, 3 racks of ribs, 6 dry age ribeyes and then groceries. 

All this cooking is definitely taking a toll on my hands, which are now slashed and burned to shreds.

Don't forget dry as hell once you're done with all the hand washing.  I also get these little cracks toward the end of my thumbs, which hurt. A lot.

I am getting mildly anxious about the amount of food I have in my freezer and what will happen if the power goes out. I guess the more that's in there the better it will be, but my son left the freezer open a few years ago and that was bad enough.

I'm sure that the 3-4 days you've found is a good estimate, but that doesn't involve leaving the freezer door open. And full is for sure better than half full.

I just ordered a ton of stuff from fairway packing, half of it from imperial beef and the other half some austrialian wagyu they had on sale. I’ll order from flannery when we get through all of that sometime in july.

we're going to have a steak a week for at least the next five months. my apologies if you're in the middle of writing your meal up but where do you buy your steak?

Try some Flannery steaks.They're outstanding (and you can request the amount of age you'd like).

I was almost going to purchase steaks yesterday but after shipping the cost would be around $40 per pound. I guess I should consider buying more.....

Before trying Baldor, I'd have to hike downstairs to #11K and ask for our chest freezer back, to achieve that $250 minimum. And stop panic-buying leafy greens for fear of not getting more within a week.

After finding two final hunks of pork and beef I'd BBQ'd this past summer, I made a sloppy ropa vieja with the shoulder and tomatoes, and a canned-poblano-rich stew with the brisket. The ropa was bland even after I'd reduced the sauce, but the beef was incredible.

And now the stews take up more space in the freezer than did the meats, postponing my Baldorization.

wpzgRkF.jpg

S9i7old.jpg