Corona Virus Cooking

Maybe our stimulus check should go for some new cookware, what with all the cooking, mostly hers. And she has a birthday coming up! How romantic a gift!

The induction range is beginning to ignore that 10" saute pan (naturally, the more expensive model). And I've longed for a wider pan besides the Teflon 12" and cast-iron 12". That cheapie Cooks 3-quart has done noble duty. But I'd love something between its size and our 8-quart. Not that I ever use our 16-quart. That was for lobster or pasta parties. None scheduled soon.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our last meal from someone other than me was this...     pizza from Scarr's.  Their pizza has actually gotten better, in my opinion, as they've worked the crust to near perfection for this style

Why make scallion pancakes when you can make ramp pancakes?

I finally made really good fries at home. so exciting.

Posted Images

Don't forget the induction heating area isn't going to support 12" very well.

Yeah, I was half thinking that as I typed it.

OK, it's settled, I'll just sign the check over to Rancho Gordo. After finishing all the beans, pasta, canned tomatoes, and boxed soup I've been buying from Walmart to get free shipping on TP and Clorox.

Grilled Bison Rib-eyes with roasted maitake's and roasted cipollini onions and sauteed spinach.  Mushrooms and steaks from Dartagnan.

The bison steaks came out great but they are thinner than I thought they'd be and if I didn't have my grill scorching hot to get a nice char on them before turning they'd either be medium rare and grey or well done and charred. Very beefy flavor. I'm glad I ordered 8 of these. 

Duck egg omelette tomorrow morning with leftover onions and mushrooms. 

Tomorrow night is chicken cacciatore with polenta and sauteed broccoli. 

Saturday night is roast poussin with leeks, mushrooms and miso butter. Just ordered another case of wine.....

• Like 2