Corona Virus Cooking

hainanese chicken rice. I have some stock left over that I reduced a lot of allow it freeze easily thinking I'd just use it to cook the chicken next time I make it. will doing that repeatedly make a better broth, or will it just get dirty? I read something about reusing braising liquid for stews somewhere, will that make this better too?

• Like 1
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our last meal from someone other than me was this...     pizza from Scarr's.  Their pizza has actually gotten better, in my opinion, as they've worked the crust to near perfection for this style

Why make scallion pancakes when you can make ramp pancakes?

I finally made really good fries at home. so exciting.

Posted Images

I made pasta for the first time ever. Since I rolled it out by hand it was thicker than I would have liked, now I’m thinking I need the roller attachment for my mixer. Served with tomato sauce. The boy, who helped, didn’t like it. So much for the belief that kids are more likely To eat what they had a hand in making.

I had planned on immediately smothering two of them, Marcella style, today.  With the vinegar, it should last a little while.

But it turns out my pan will only accommodate one.

I guess I could do another tomorrow.

Have you seen the Marcella recipe which uses the smothered cabbage to then make another dish?

In this case, that other dish is a sort of Venetian risotto, but even a little more runny, requiring a spoon (if you've had the classic risi e bisi, you know that Venetian risotti are cooked all'onda, looser and runnier than a risotto from, say, Emilia-Romagna).

In any event, Rice & Smothered Cabbage Soup.  

Last night's dinner. The dough I made on Saturday - half went into the fridge for an extended rest. And half of that...

288458239_FocacciaHalfTomato04-20.jpeg.f

Was used for this 1/4 sheet pan focaccia. Half tomato/cheese, half classic rosemary. All dusted with parmesan when it came out of the oven. Plated...

977984019_FocacciaHalfPlated04-20.jpeg.b

With greens and mushrooms.  

422937799_Focacciacrumb04-20.jpeg.ba0237

Light and airy - we ate the whole thing!

I often make salad plates/crudités for lunch; might be a couple of assorted salads, perhaps with a protein strewn amongst. Significant Eater likes these a lot!

1949657354_Saladassortedlunch04-16.jpeg.

Chicken salad, potato green bean salad, roasted Chioggia beets, celery, avo.

1655882602_SaladassortedCeleriremouladec

Céleri-rave remoulade, les carottes râpées, more potato green bean salad, kippers!

If you have not yet cooked the miso butter rubbed poussin from Dartagnan you should. Lots of butter but who cares at this point. Made twice as much bok choi and mushrooms than needed and plan to reheat that Friday night with soba noodles and grilled salmon and a bottle of sake. 

• Like 1