Sign in to follow this  
cinghiale

Restaurants in a post-coronavirus world

8 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Wow.  Interestingly, and obviously different fields, she's getting more work done than before. There even seems to be a fair amount of hiring going on, whether it's backfill or new positions.

Less interruptions, maybe? Food delivered straight to her table, maybe?

And much of the work force already works remotely, so that's also a reason why it hasn't negatively affected them, I think. Everyone is used to it, and already equipped for it.

I think it depends on the work ethos of the office.   If management is invasive in staff time, useless meetings,, etc, then working from home may well be more productive.

Work-from-home evangelist discovers what home is actually like:

https://news.stanford.edu/2020/03/30/productivity-pitfalls-working-home-age-covid-19/

At least as far as any field I've ever been involved with is concerned, the key factor isn't the cornucopia of interruptions home life offers most people of working age, but (also mentioned in the paper) rather a breakdown in the creative / innovative cycle, and in management's ability to keep steering it in the right direction. 

plummeting productivity seems like a positive development to me.

• Like 1