Restaurants in a post-coronavirus world

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich - The above is what you wrote and I highlighted the term "post-Corona" in both your posts.  That is all that was being responded to, in context, by Orik, me and then others.  No attempt was made

No, because I don't think the restaurant industry (at least in NYC) is fueled by people like you and me and the rest of us here.  It's fueled by people who are desperate to get out of their apartments

I am really nervous about what I am seeing out on the streets lately.. What I can only describe as absolutely piggish and gross behavior by certain restaurant owners..  Every neighborhoods has these r

Posted Images

I am sure this is obvious to everyone, but every time I hear the argument about "my rights" being infringed by being told to wear a mask, I think of the equivalent argument that "my rights" are being infringed by being told not to drive drunk.

I heard "The science should not stand in the way of..." and figured since gravity is pretty science-y, certain people should demonstrate that science is not the boss of them by jumping off something very tall.

Please keep in mind that science doesn't currently provide a full explanation of gravity, relying on ether-like dark matter and dark energy as crutches. 

Also it's easier to take a bus to the edge of the earth disc and just jump off 

On 7/17/2020 at 6:30 AM, Wilfrid said:

I am sure this is obvious to everyone, but every time I hear the argument about "my rights" being infringed by being told to wear a mask, I think of the equivalent argument that "my rights" are being infringed by being told not to drive drunk.

Husband's rant about people who do the wrong thing under the banner of claiming their {rights" is that they ditched school the day they mentioned that the obverse of rights is responsibility.

59 minutes ago, Orik said:

science doesn't currently provide a full explanation of gravity

I knew that. Or anyway, I remembered it as soon as I read your post. Still fairly confident that if I jump off the Williamsburg Bridge, the direction I am most likely to go is down.

14 minutes ago, small h said:

I knew that. Or anyway, I remembered it as soon as I read your post. Still fairly confident that if I jump off the Williamsburg Bridge, the direction I am most likely to go is down.

We can't know anything for sure. Once they install 5G cells on the bridge, your chip might alert central and a drone will pick you up before you can figure out which way is which. 

Right after I read your latest post, I wandered into the living room where Medium-sized H was playing The Last of Us 2, just as his avatar fell off a very high bridge. Coincidence? (Probably.)