Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Carbon Steel Pans

I pre-heat the pan and add either butter or chicken fat.  Then add the eggs.  Which are usually straight from the fridge 'cause in the U.S. we fridgerate our eggs.

the wife wants to know why i'm going through all this fuss when we can just get a $200 All-Clad and be the envy of our friends or buy a $50 teflon and replace it every few years.

• Like 1

One thing I'll say about All-Clad...I've owned various All-Clad pots and pans for decades. The original Master Chef series (the good stuff, made in PA), purchased over time, starting in the 80s. A few years ago, I wrote to All-Clad (and I don't remember, but may have even sent the pans back to them) about the nonstick stuff of theirs (8" and 10" frying pans) which had started to deteriorate, from 25 years of use and abuse, such as using metal utensils, etc.

No questions asked - they sent new replacement pans to me.

But why spend $50 for stuff you're gonna replace, when you can buy what many restaurants use and replace for under $30?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

This is what I buy. I think it's the cheapest pan I own.

I like their stuff, particularly the baking and cookie sheets.

29 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

I like their stuff, particularly the baking and cookie sheets.

I don't want to tell you how many half sheet pans I have. And then I discovered two brand new ones at the top of a closet the other week. I have a sickness.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

I don't want to tell you how many half sheet pans I have. And then I discovered two brand new ones at the top of a closet the other week. I have a sickness.

LOL. Sadly, I think I'm affected with the same thing!