• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Posted Images

So now I'll be "stuffing my face" with salmon (SIX servings, by my estimation).  But what could I do?  I could have not gotten any wild Alaskan salmon this year, I guess.  But I have these other ingredients that would be so good with it.  I dunno.  I know this is a First World Problem, but it seemed to me I was kind of stuck.

Yesterday's cocktail hour treat:  Riviera, from Toby Maloney's Violet Hour.

Combine cocktail base:

4 parts gin, 2 parts maraschino, 1 part Campari

Add pineapple (I used the core that I'd otherwise toss) and let infuse for a day or so

Strain through cheesecloth

Cocktail recipe:

2 oz infused cocktail base
3/4 oz lemon
3/4 oz simple (I cut this back to 1/4 rich simple)
egg white (1 handily works for two cocktails)
2 dashes orange bitters

Dry shake all but bitters to incorporate/emulsify; add ice (one large cube ideal for optimum foam) and shake like hell. Strain into coupe and dash on bitters.

It's soooo nice. Just a whisper of pineapple, and the Campari somehow gets muted by the pineapple during the infusion -- no sharp edges anywhere.

1 hour ago, plattetude said:

Yesterday's cocktail hour treat:  Riviera, from Toby Maloney's Violet Hour.

Oh that sounds good. Why did I finish my pineapple yesterday? 

Is there any cocktail more delicious than a Corpse Reviver No. 2?  I don't think there is.

I don't have to give a recipe, do I?  Well, just in case:

Pour 1 oz. each of Gin, Lillet Blanc (or, as I did, Cocchi Americano), Cointreau, and lemon juice (or, as I did, Meyer lemon juice), with 1 dash of Absinthe, into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Strain into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.  Garnish with an orange (or, as I did, a Meyer lemon) twist (I never could understand why you're supposed to garnish with an orange twist if you use lemon juice in the cocktail).

• Like 1

Having finally replaced the Campari, I see Negronis, and variations like the Cherry Negroni in my (almost) immediate future. Do the clocks slow down before cocktail hour?

I hopped on the Corpse Revivor bandwagon. Don't shame me but it was the first time I made them at home. I admittedly had to go to the liquor store to buy Lillet.  It was a big hit..... Definitely more of these in our future, as soon as possibly this morning.  

• Like 2