• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Audrey really nailed that one, didn't she?

Posted Images

Can anyone recommend a website that tells you what drinks you can make with the ingredients you have on hand? I tried MakeMeACocktail.com and CocktailBuilder.com and wasn't crazy about either one.

Mint.  Mint.  ¡Mojito! 

Muddle 8 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker.  Fill it with ice.  Pour in 2 oz. white Rum, 3/4 oz. lime juice, and 1 oz. Simple Syrup.  Shake.  Strain into a Collins glass over ice.  Stir in 1/2 oz. club soda.  Garnish with a mint sprig.

56 minutes ago, small h said:

Can anyone recommend a website that tells you what drinks you can make with the ingredients you have on hand? I tried MakeMeACocktail.com and CocktailBuilder.com and wasn't crazy about either one.

Difford's

Thanks to you both. My brain may not be working properly, but I can't figure out a way to limit search results on Difford's/Kindred to ONLY the ingredients I select. Is there one?

Just what I have in the house, namely: vodka, gin, bourbon, orange bitters, Campari, dry vermouth, red vermouth, lemon, lime, various herbs. I've been relatively successful at finding food recipes by just typing in a mess of search terms. I do not have the same luck with drink recipes. And plugging in the ingredients I have into Kindred keeps resulting in stuff like "you can make this, but only if you also have kumquat liqueur." Which, if I did, I certainly would have mentioned.

• Like 1

Some cocktail books do their recipes by booze ingredient, so maybe one of those would help you. Regan's The Bartender's Bible and the Death & Co. book are just two of them.

And you have the ingredients for a few of my most beloved cocktails!

38 minutes ago, small h said:

Just what I have in the house, namely: vodka, gin, bourbon, orange bitters, Campari, dry vermouth, red vermouth, lemon, lime, various herbs. I've been relatively successful at finding food recipes by just typing in a mess of search terms. I do not have the same luck with drink recipes. And plugging in the ingredients I have into Kindred keeps resulting in stuff like "you can make this, but only if you also have kumquat liqueur." Which, if I did, I certainly would have mentioned.

Not a website, but the PDT smartphone app is pretty slick in terms of letting you enter your inventory of ingredients and filtering their database for "Recipes you can make" (and has additional filters for "Missing 1 ingredient" and "Missing 2 ingredients"). Downside is that it's the curated list of 469 drinks, but to be fair, that list includes a lot of standards, but also a lot of funky ingredients and infusions, as you might expect from PDT.

• Like 1