• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Posted Images

Between the love in our house for the newly discovered Jasmine and the Corpse Reviver #2, I'll be out of gin by the weekend....

Right or wrong, I'm really liking The Botanist Gin. 

1 hour ago, Anthony Bonner said:

idk man. I know you posted that vis a vIs the lime vs lemon issue, but the idea the scb crowd rediscovered the Southside is pretty crazy. Maybe making it an up drink was there thing but it was always a big waspy drink.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/how-to/a1777/preppy-southside-cocktail/

The Creek evidently is selling Southside's to go during COVID.

56 minutes ago, mitchells said:

Between the love in our house for the newly discovered Jasmine and the Corpse Reviver #2, I'll be out of gin by the weekend....

Right or wrong, I'm really liking The Botanist Gin. 

What do you like about it?

2 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

idk man. I know you posted that vis a vIs the lime vs lemon issue, but the idea the scb crowd rediscovered the Southside is pretty crazy. Maybe making it an up drink was there thing but it was always a big waspy drink.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/how-to/a1777/preppy-southside-cocktail/

Yeah, like a gimlet. With the horrid Rose's as the lime.

A cocktail worthy of having given its name to most important bar of our time, the Pegu Club:

Pour 2 oz. Gin (Monkey 47!) and 3/4 oz. each of Curaçao and lime juice, with 1 dash each of Angostura and orange bitters, into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

A cocktail worthy of having given its name to most important bar of our time, the Pegu Club:

Pour 2 oz. Gin (Monkey 47!) and 3/4 oz. each of Curaçao and lime juice, with 1 dash each of Angostura and orange bitters, into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

This is such a great drink.