Sneak, maybe try it with regular Eureka lemons. I love Meyers, but I think they might be to sweet and lacking the right amount of acid.

Some recent drinks:

Mosquito
3/4 oz mezcal
3/4 oz Campari
3/4 oz lemon
3/4 oz ginger syrup

Shake with ice, strain into chilled coupe.

A Sam Ross creation with his fingerprints all over it. Flavorbomb in all the good ways.

Remember the Alimony (seriously?)
1 1/4 oz Cynar
1 1/4 oz Fino sherry (I had Palo Cortado on hand -- a little richer but worked for me)
3/4 oz gin

Add to glass with ice (big rock if you got it). Orange twist (if you got it). Stir and savor.

Lower ABV Negroni-esque option. Nice aperitif, though I wouldn't have minded a little boost in bitterness. But taken on its own terms, yes, it's a lovely drink.

Rolls Royce
2 oz gin
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/4 oz Benedictine

Stirred, up, with lemon twist.

Fabulous martini variation from Harry Craddock.

Zephyr
2 oz gin
1/2 oz Cocchi Americano
1/2 oz green Chartreuse

Stirred, up, lemon twist.

Love this. Bracing, vegetal, backbone of sweetness on a razor-edge of bitterness.

French Pearl
2 oz gin
1 oz lime
3/4 oz simple
handful mint
dash absinthe (Pernod per the original specs, I know)

Anise-hints in a southside. What's not to love?

It's less surprising that I've never before made a Mai Tai than that, until last night, I'd never made Spaghetti alla Puttenesca.  I've always been a snob about Tiki.  But there's nothing wrong with this drink, at least.

Pour 1 oz. each of amber Rum, dark Rum, and lime juice, 1/2 oz. Curaçao, and 1/4 oz. each of Orgeat and Simple Syrup into an ice-filled cocktail shaker (the ice really ought to be shaved).  Shake.  Pour (DON'T strain) into a rocks glass.  Use 1/2 of the lime rind to make a sort of domed island on top of the ice.  Use a mint sprig to make a sort of palm tree for the island.

Discovered my daughter hiding pineapple juice. Can make an Algonquin at last. 

4 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Discovered my daughter hiding pineapple juice. Can make an Algonquin at last. 

I tried ordering a pineapple for a little juice's sake but the vendor substituted a couple of mangos.

Mango Tango, I guess. Oh, what a shame, no coconut rum in the house. We'll have to eat them.

Daiquiri No. 4  (followed several hours later by some Guinness Extra Stout left over from making ice cream).

Tried The Rosita from Sneak's recipe.  I wouldn't have thought to pair tequila with vermouth, much less both sweet and dry vermouth, but somehow it works.  Definitely on the bitter side thanks to that Campari.

Definitely one of those cocktails where it's hard to believe somebody thought of it, right?

When Wayne Collins came up with the White Negroni, he must have known he had something special.

Pour 1 oz. each of Gin, Kina l'Aero d'Or, and Suze into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Stir.  Strain into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.  Garnish with a grapefruit twist.  (I used a lemon:  so shoot me.)

Not only is the Friends And Neighbors (basically a variation on last night's White Negroni) beautifully balanced and delicious, but it is also FUCKING GORGEOUS.

Pour 3/4 oz. each of Aperol, Kina l'Aero d'Or (the recipe really calls for Lillet Blanc, but this is better), and Suze into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Stir.  Pour 3/4 oz. Absinthe into a rocks glass with ice and stir until it generates a louche. Strain the cocktail into a rocks glass over ice.  Float the louched Absinthe on top.

A couple recent things:

Base Camp
1 1/2 oz bourbon
1/4 oz Islay scotch
1/4 oz allspice dram
1/4 oz creme de cacao

On a rock, garnished with lemon twist.

I won't lie, the allspice is overwhelming, but still, it definitely coheres to something more than the sum of its parts.

Gentleman's Buck
2 oz bourbon
1/2 oz lime
3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice
1 oz pineapple juice
2 dashes angostura
seltzer

Dry shake all but seltzer; pour into iced collins glass and top with seltzer.

Perfect for yesterday's hazy, hot, humid afternoon to cool off while smoking a brisket.

(Friends and Neighbors sounds amaaaaaaazing.)

The Division Bell:

1 oz. Mezcal

3/4 oz. Aperol

1/2 oz. Luxardo 

3/4 oz. lime juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a grapefruit zest twist.