• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Blackberry Malt: 4-5 fresh blackberries, 3/4 oz. simple syrup, 1 3/4 oz. Irish whiskey (recipe calls for a single malt, but N used the Jamieson's we have), 3/4 oz. lime juice, and seltzer.  In an

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Whiskey Smash. As much as I love trying new things, I have my handful of cocktails that never disappoint. This is one of them.

Posted Images

The Blackberry Malt: 4-5 fresh blackberries, 3/4 oz. simple syrup, 1 3/4 oz. Irish whiskey (recipe calls for a single malt, but N used the Jamieson's we have), 3/4 oz. lime juice, and seltzer.  In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries with the simple syrup, add the whiskey and lime juice, and shake well.  Double strain in a tall ice-filled glass, then fill to the top with seltzer.  Garnish with a lemon peel and blackberry.

• Like 2

Help me engineer this cocktail - last summer I had a cocktail in London called a Fig Sour. I know that it had Talisker, lemon juice, egg white and a slice of dried fig on the top. I assume there would be simple syrup. Thoughts? I'm not sure how to get the fig into it.