So we've had a bottle of Schweppes Bitter Lemon for months, and last night I was finally inspired to try the Navy Grog recipe on the label.  I did have to make a few alterations and adjustments: (1) I don't have Navy Strength rum (yes, it's a specific variety), so I used the Cruzan Blackstrap; (2) it calls for 3 tsp. of "runny honey" per drink; I used 2 tsp and the honey congealed after being shaken with the ice; (3) the Angostura bitters came out a bit faster than I expected.  In the end, I think what I produced was much drier and sharper than what I should have gotten, but to me it worked out well. 

Oh I grew up with Schweppes Bitter Lemon. Sharp! Schweppes Tonic Water was universal too.

Baroness Collins

Muddle 6 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker with 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup.  Add ice.  Pour in 1-1/2 oz. Gin and 1/2 oz. Campari.  Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass.  Top with club soda.  Garnish with a mint sprig.

• Like 1

Plonking through Bartender's Choice (Sam Ross's excellent smartphone cocktail database app), I stumbled across a lovely Vic Bergeron creation called 

Gloria
1 1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Campari

Now, as I read that (and mixed it), I knew it was awfully similar to a Lucien Gaudin. Turns out to be identical.

Anyway, a nice drink in the "Negroni Lite" vein.