• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Today, when I toasted my wife on the 15th anniversary of her death, I couldn't escape the bald fact that I was really in the mood for a Corpse Reviver #2. I WISH it were called something else.

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

Posted Images

On 7/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, StephanieL said:

And bloviatrix, you must get Gosling's to do a proper Dark & Stormy!

Bought myself a bottle of Goslings. Tonight's cocktail was a Dark & Stormy with homemade ginger beer. You're a bad influence.

3 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

Bought myself a bottle of Goslings. Tonight's cocktail was a Dark & Stormy with homemade ginger beer. You're a bad influence.

I think Gosling really hit the jackpot with Black Seal:  quite fairly priced, yet entirely distinctive.

1 minute ago, Sneakeater said:

I think Gosling really hit the jackpot with Black Seal:  fairly priced, yet entirely distinctive.

A litre bottle was $5 more than the 750. Can you guess which one I bought?

5 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

PARTY AT BLOVIATRIX'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When this is all over, you're welcome to come for cocktails one evening.

8 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I think I have even more citrus peels than I do steaks.

And I have A LOT of steaks.

8 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I had so many citrus peels that I made a massive batch of preserved lemons. I got the idea from Einat Admony I don't think I have enough to last me through 2025..

Or, go to the sweet side, and make yourselves oleo-saccharaum...

https://food52.com/recipes/75812-oleo-saccharum

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I'm stealing that.  Thanks.

I'm getting tons of great ideas, including that one, from Sam Ross's updated "Bartender's Choice" app. I'd gotten the original app a couple years ago ($5 I think?), but the current version (also $5 I think) has a lot of recent stuff from the constellation of Attaboy bartenders (and others).  Highly recommended.

3 hours ago, Behemoth said:

Oh I used that for a party once, in punch with lapsing suchong and gin. REALLY good. 

Yes indeed, great for punches.  Not for nothing, I learned about them in the early days of Tales of the Cocktail; friends were making and testing them frequently...in punches...which are dangerous.

33 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Yes indeed, great for punches.  Not for nothing, I learned about them in the early days of Tales of the Cocktail; friends were making and testing them frequently...in punches...which are dangerous.

Here it is: link