If I make a cocktail with rye, sweet vermouth, a dash of maraschino, and a tangle of orange zest, but to my surprise don't have any Bigallet China-China handy, can I still call it a Bushwick? Or is it more of a Ridgewood?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

I hopped on the Corpse Revivor bandwagon. Don't shame me but it was the first time I made them at home. I admittedly had to go to the liquor store to buy Lillet.  It was a big hit..... Definitely more

Posted Images

Needed a refreshing long drink after all the walking yesterday, and made a version of an Americano using Dolin Chambery (the white), and a splash of the only soda water handy, LaCroix berry flavor. It worked well.

I got tired of having run out of booze, except for my last few bottles of Brooklyn backyard wine (though our 2013 port has turned out to be great; glad I waited for global apocalypse).

So I got my first replenishment since April. A more interesting nut liqueur would've been better, but I like the local store, so it was either Frangelico or Amaretto. And I didn't want Pitu, since I'd said "any cachaca except Pitu and 51." They picked up the Pitu the next day and left behind an Aguaviva, which I'm eager to try.

This may last till February, since lovely spouse won't share my cocktails unless they're lower-proof, and my own capacity declines with my own physical decline.

My first sip of Laphroaig since spring was wonderful. (NB: Not this morning.)

IMG_3738-1.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

To drink. And comprehend.

every once in a while, I'll have a taste of it at Cafe Katja.

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it:

Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish

Elder Fashioned - 2 oz gin (I like better with genever), 1/2 oz St Germain, orange bitters

Elder Pal (my own thing that I cooked up when St. Germain was EVERYWHERE) - 1 1/2 oz rye, 3/4 oz Campari, 1/2 oz St Germain

• Like 2