We were down to the end of the Veuve Clicquot, so I made this cocktail whose name escapes me:

3/4 oz. Cognac
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
1/4 oz. maraschino cherry "juice" (if using maraschino liqueur instead, also add a little simple syrup or the drink will be too intense)
Champagne or other sparkling white wine

Stir the first 3 ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled flute glass.  Top up with Champagne.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cocktail worthy of having given its name to most important bar of our time, the Pegu Club: Pour 2 oz. Gin (Monkey 47!) and 3/4 oz. each of Curaçao and lime juice, with 1 dash each of Angostura

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it: Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish Elder

Audrey really nailed that one, didn't she?

Posted Images

When you squeeze and can 8 cups of Meyer lemon juice, it only makes sense to save a little bit for a post-canning cocktail.  In this case, a Tom Collins, with the soda water added to the shaker after the other ingredients had been shaken but before straining.

Meyer Lemon White Lady

1-1/2 oz. Gin

3/4 oz. Cointreau

3/4 oz. Meyer lemon juice

Shake.  Garnish with a Meyer lemon twist.

For this cocktail, for once I wanted a soft floral unjunipery Gin.  So, at last, a good use for that French G'Vine Floraison.  It was lovely, actually.

15 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Meyer Lemon White Lady

1-1/2 oz. Gin

3/4 oz. Cointreau

3/4 oz. Meyer lemon juice

Shake.  Garnish with a Meyer lemon twist.

For this cocktail, for once I wanted a soft floral unjunipery Gin.  So, at last, a good use for that French G'Vine Floraison.  It was lovely, actually.

Ooh, we're going to have to try that, since we still have tons of Meyer lemons.  I think the two gins we have are on the London Dry spectrum, though.