11 hours ago, StephanieL said:

Sometimes, after a long week, you just want a Manhattan: 3 ingredients, nothing fancy (not even simple syrup).

You wouldn't put simple syrup in a Manhattan though, right?

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Blackberry Malt: 4-5 fresh blackberries, 3/4 oz. simple syrup, 1 3/4 oz. Irish whiskey (recipe calls for a single malt, but N used the Jamieson's we have), 3/4 oz. lime juice, and seltzer.  In an

Audrey really nailed that one, didn't she?

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

Posted Images

10 hours ago, StephanieL said:

Exactly.  Rye whiskey, Campari, and Angostura bitters, et voila.

I imagine you mean sweet vermouth in lieu of the Campari? Or maybe dry vermouth if making a dry Manhattan?

I started packing up my liqueur in anticipation of Passover arriving later this week. I acquired so many bottles this past year that I can no longer fit them all into my pantry.

7 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I imagine you mean sweet vermouth in lieu of the Campari? Or maybe dry vermouth if making a dry Manhattan?

Yes.  Was thinking Cinzano (which I used) but typing Campari.

3 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I started packing up my liqueur in anticipation of Passover arriving later this week. I acquired so many bottles this past year that I can no longer fit them all into my pantry.

If you're selling your chametz, wanna sell your booze? 😄

Following my own advice, I made a Water Lily to drink while watching Matt Evans's excellent (if truncated) concert tonight.

But it occurred to me:  if I use Meyer lemon juice instead of lemon juice, then I don't have to express an orange peel into the cocktail and then discard the peel at the end.  The orange element will already be there in the juice!

So, a Lazy Water Lily:

Pour 3/4 oz. each of Gin, Cointreau, Crème de Violette, and Meyer lemon juice into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Strain into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.

I think I probably prefer Water Lilies to Aviations.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, StephanieL said:

Laird's original distillery (where I think they still have a base) is almost down the road from where I grew up in NJ.  I didn't know this until very recently.

The oldest continuing distillery in the US, if you can believe it.

• Like 1

Stolen from the list at Dr. Clark.

Negroni Derivado

1 oz. Mezcal

1. oz. Cocchi Americano

1. oz. Suze

Combine in ice-filled cocktail shaker and stir.  Strain into a rocks glass over ice.

Garnish with an orange wedge.