• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it: Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish Elder

Audrey really nailed that one, didn't she?

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

Posted Images

Since lots of spirits are verboten for Passover, I went with the original La Floridita Daiquiri No. 1: 2 oz. rum, 1 tsp. strong simple syrup, and the juice of 1/2 lemon, shaken with cracked ice and strained into a cocktail glass.

I decided to forgo my usual bottle of shlivovitz and buy a bottle of Kosher for Passover No. 209 Gin. Problem is, I don't have a shaker or ice.

I bought some ice cube trays. Decided to freehand a cocktail of gin, lime juice, smash mint, and seltzer. Highly unbalanced. But it's something.

10 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I decided to forgo my usual bottle of shlivovitz and buy a bottle of Kosher for Passover No. 209 Gin. Problem is, I don't have a shaker or ice.

Interesting that it's distilled from sugar cane--I guess that makes it like a herbal cachaça.

My solution for lack of cocktail implements - I made a big batch of limonnana (a lemon and mint drink) which I added gin to. Worked great - tasted wonderful. However, the mint turned a bilious green. Next year I'm going to invest in a shaker (although spouse says owning a shaker for 8 day/yr is proof one has a problem)

Every Sunday afternoon, my grandfather would play pinochle with my father and my uncle.  And after they were finished, my grandfather would have a glass of Slivovitz.  And after he had that glass, he would make a certain noise. 

Now I’m as old as my grandfather was then.  And every time I have a glass of Slivovitz, I make that same noise. 

My brother and I have a tradition of ending every meal we share together with a shot of slivovitz in memory of our maternal grandfather who drank a shot every day. It's what kept him mellow in a house full of strong-willed women. (his mother lived with him and my grandmother until she died at 104 and he had 3 daughters). There are some good ones out there where you can taste some fruit and it's not just fire water.

• Like 1

Happy to have all my implements again (although I need to make some simple syrup).

Royal smile - 1 oz gin (Tod & Vixen), 3/4 oz each of apple jack, lime juice, and grenadine. Shaken over ice and strained into a chilled coupe. Perfect thing to sip as the child bitched that the chicken soup was too dark (it's been reduced)

• Like 1