• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Blackberry Malt: 4-5 fresh blackberries, 3/4 oz. simple syrup, 1 3/4 oz. Irish whiskey (recipe calls for a single malt, but N used the Jamieson's we have), 3/4 oz. lime juice, and seltzer.  In an

Audrey really nailed that one, didn't she?

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

Posted Images

Mott & Mulberry. Pour in a shaker 1 oz each of rye and Luxardo Amaro Abano, 3/4 oz apple cider, and 1/4 oz each maple syrup and lemon juice. Add ice and shake. Strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with sliced apple.

IMG_0648.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Bloviatrix gets a lot of mileage out of that skull-topped spear!

You're mistaking me for someone else. They're new. Opened the package earlier this week - only the second time I'm using them.

And notice - no apple jack!

• 2 weeks later...

Tomahawk. (completely un-PC name for a very tasty cocktail). Suggestion came from one of Sneak's emails where I saved the recipe. I used Rye in place of Seagram's 7.

An Iron Ranger, from the book Easy Tiki.

2 oz. bourbon
1 oz. pineapple juice
3/4 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz. 1:1 simple syrup (or 1/4 oz. 2:1 simple syrup if that's all you have)
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.  Add 1 large ice cube and shake until it melts. Strain into a hurricane or Collins glass and top with crushed ice. Garnish with grated cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and a mint sprig.