Mid-afternoon cocktail (I usually don't drink coffee past 4 PM):

--1 part Kahlua (I used a combo of Kahlua and our own coffee liqueur)
--1 part cold brew coffee
--1 part aged rum (Bacardi 8 year in this case)
--Orange zest

Stir and strain over ice-filled rocks glass.  (Note: no ice was added to the mixing container.)

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it: Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish Elder

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Since I needed to use up some avocados, I decided to make guacamole. That led to the decision there should be a margarita with the lime cordial, instead of a gimlet. Which led me to one of the better

Posted Images

Bicicletta
3 oz dry white wine (Ella Valley Vineyards Ever White), 2 oz campari (in this case Luxardo Bitter Rosso), soda water - chilled to top. 2 orange wheels for garnish.

Your new summer spritz! You can thank me later.

IMG_0784.jpeg

Yesterday, I made a Barbary Coast: equal parts gin, Scotch, creme de cacao, and heavy cream, shaken over ice and strained into a cocktail glass.  I divided a single drink into two, because I didn't relish drinking a full 3/4 oz. of cream.

Not an alcoholic cocktail, but the blueberry "nojito" published in the Times a few weeks ago was pretty good: mint, lime juice, simple syrup, a few fresh blueberries, and club soda (I used seltzer).

Something new to me:  the Great Silence

1 oz. Mezcal

3/4 oz. Campari

1 oz. lime juice

1/2 oz. Orgeat

Combine ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Strain into a chilled Nick and Nora glass.  Garnish with an orange twist.

To me, this came out tasting like nothing so much as a Cosmopolitan, somehow.  But it may just be that I've got Summer of Cosmopolitan on the brain.

3 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I wanted something easy to sip while watching hockey yesterday.

That last 90 seconds made me neurotic. (Especially after turning away from the debacle the Mets' game turned into right at the same time).

I'm not an Isles' fan, but I'm all in on them cause why not?! Gotta root for the home team. (The new building and setup looks awesome).

15 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

That last 90 seconds made me neurotic. (Especially after turning away from the debacle the Mets' game turned into right at the same time).

I'm not an Isles' fan, but I'm all in on them cause why not?! Gotta root for the home team. (The new building and setup looks awesome).

I was fine until Tampa scored on the pp. One goal leads make me very nervous. It should be a good series.

I drove by the new arena several weeks ago. I so wish it existed when I was a kid as it's slightly more than a mile from my childhood home. Instead I went to high school walking distance from the coliseum. Barclay's was awful for hockey, although I loved being able to take the subway to games.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

I was fine until Tampa scored on the pp. One goal leads make me very nervous. It should be a good series.

I drove by the new arena several weeks ago. I so wish it existed when I was a kid as it's slightly more than a mile from my childhood home. Instead I went to high school walking distance from the coliseum. Barclay's was awful for hockey, although I loved being able to take the subway to games.

Even for the one or two concerts I've attended at Barclay's, it wasn't so great - and it makes me nervous - those cheap seats are sooo high up!

The old barn was such a dump, but also saw some great stuff there over the years.

And yeah, please don't take a stupid penalty when up by two with 2 minutes left!!