7 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

What season is it again?

Diamondback

1-1/2 oz. Rye

3/4 oz. Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy

3/4 oz. yellow Chartreuse

Pour into cocktail shaker.  Add ice.  Stir.  Strain into chilled Old Fashioned glass.  Garnish with a cocktail cherry (my Amarena Fabbri cherries, while sweet to a fault -- vg in this drink -- as far as I can tell have no chemical ingredients).

I won't lie:  I made myself a double (it's already being a tough work week).

Have you ever had (why am I even asking this?) a Marconi Wireless?  Quite good. (only because when we were on the cape last week, we hiked the site of Marconi's actual radio installation in South Wellfleet).

I'm still trying to remember the drink Alex made over a decade ago at D & C, with Laird's Bonded, and garnished with an apple slice. I suppose I should crack open the book.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it: Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish Elder

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Since I needed to use up some avocados, I decided to make guacamole. That led to the decision there should be a margarita with the lime cordial, instead of a gimlet. Which led me to one of the better

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I won't lie:  I made myself a double (it's already being a tough work week).

Some new coupes arrived in the mail (I do break coupes). They were a little smaller than expected, but filling my jigger with water to experiment I was relieved to see that my standard size cocktail will fit in them.

There was no question of me making a smaller cocktail.

49 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

@Sneakeater - regarding the Masala Martini, what gin do you suggest? (to be fair, I'm currently dry. But I want to know for when I start drinking again)

A Plymouth Gin would be good at staying out of the way of the cumin. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...