• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't even think about undertaking this project - for starters, I have at least 6 of the old-style Rittenhouse bottles.   Shit - the bitters extend to the back of the cabinet!  

Last night, a Maverick 3/4 oz gin (Beefeater) 3/4 oz Aperol (subbed Cappelletti Aperitivo) 3/4 oz sweetened ginger juice 3/4 oz lemon handful mint Shake over ice, double strain into

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Posted Images

Work happy hour via Zoom. The last of a Black Manhattan. Bourbon, Amaro Abano, (the now found) grapefruit bitters and 2 homemade boozy sour cherries.

(so easy to add a photo now!)

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95320689_2845614005475403_2186093763313532928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=7XGaICnMOFQAX_p-91e&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=fbf2aa1707f22d0fad688b5135a31bb0&oe=5ECFE2FC&dl=1

JUST what I was in the mood for:

Satan's Whiskers

3/4 oz. Gin

3/4 oz. Grand Marnier (or, in my case, Royal Combier)

3/4 oz. Dry Vermouth

3/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth

3/4 oz. orange juice

2 dashes orange bitters

Shake in an ice-filled cocktail shaker, strain into chilled cocktail glass, and garnish with an orange twist.

• Like 1

OMG I left out this cocktail from last week:

Spring Forward

Pour 2 oz. Gin and 1 oz. dry Vermouth into a frozen mixing glass and throw in a trimmed ramp or Spring onion (RAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPPSSSS!).  Muddle — but just a little (you don't want the allium to get too bitter).  Now, fill the shaker with ice and stir.  Pour into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.  Garnish with another trimmed ramp or Spring onion (RAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMPPPPPSSSS!).

Wish I had some fresh spearmint; I'd make Audrey's French Pearl. Another Pegu Club classic.

French Pearl

¾ ounce fresh lime juice 
¾ ounce cane syrup
1 sprig spearmint 
2 ounces Plymouth Gin
¼ ounce Pernod Classic Pastis
Lime and mint for garnish

Method

Combine the lime juice, cane syrup, and mint sprig in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients. Next, add the Pernod and gin. Fill the shaker to the top with ice and shake well. Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and mint sprig.

(I don't even think the muddling is all that necessary - shaking will do practically the same thing).

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Wish I had some fresh spearmint; I'd make Audrey's French Pearl. Another Pegu Club classic.

French Pearl

¾ ounce fresh lime juice 
¾ ounce cane syrup
1 sprig spearmint 
2 ounces Plymouth Gin
¼ ounce Pernod Classic Pastis
Lime and mint for garnish

Method

Combine the lime juice, cane syrup, and mint sprig in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients. Next, add the Pernod and gin. Fill the shaker to the top with ice and shake well. Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and mint sprig.

(I don't even think the muddling is all that necessary - shaking will do practically the same thing).

That looks really interesting. I've got all the ingredients. So a French Pearl this evening. Thanks JtF.

• Like 1