• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had it in my home bar for a while, but a few ways I've enjoyed it: Ephemeral -- 2 oz Old Tom, 1 oz Dolin blanc, barspoon St. Germain, celery bitters, grapefruit peel garnish Elder

My neighbors have been consistently impressed by the variety of cocktails that I'm drinking. It seems I'm developing quite the reputation. Thanks to you all.

Since I needed to use up some avocados, I decided to make guacamole. That led to the decision there should be a margarita with the lime cordial, instead of a gimlet. Which led me to one of the better

Posted Images

I just had an Aviation.  I understand they're out of fashion.  And in fact, it DID taste a little like soap.

But if there's a prettier cocktail in existence, I'd like to know about it.

(I'm not posting a recipe cuz I'm not gonna insult you.)  (But I'll say this:  if  you can't include the Crème de Violette, just don't bother.)

Deep Blue Sea

Pour 2 oz. Gin, 3/4 oz. Cocchi Americano, and 1/4 Crème de Violette (the recipe calls for Violette syrup made from Crème de Violette -- but even during The Quarantine, life is too short), with 2 dashes of orange bitters, into an ice-filled cocktail shaker, stir, and strain into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.  Garnish with a lemon twist.

Better than an Aviation.

After several days touring through Aviations, Bijous, Last Words, Martinezes (is that the plural?), and even a Manhattan, I went back to regular Martinis last night and remembered why I preferred them.

7 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

After several days touring through Aviations, Bijous, Last Words, Martinezes (is that the plural?), and even a Manhattan, I went back to regular Martinis last night and remembered why I preferred them.

I feel much the same way, though Manhattans and their variants are also on my list. I want someone else to make those other cocktails for me.

17 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

It's white vermouth that's sweet (usually called Vermouth Blanc).  I like to use it in cooking.

You and Julia.