• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to a local crafts fair today and scored 3 vintage coupe glasses for $9 total.  So we enjoyed a Twentieth Century in them in the backyard this afternoon. 1 1/2 oz. gin 3/4 oz. Lil

I need better supervision. 

About $15?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, StephanieL said:

Or Southern Comfort drunk straight from the bottle.

One Halloween, when I was 24 or 25, I dressed as Janis Joplin. My costume was a toy syringe taped to my arm, and a bottle of Southern Comfort. Yes, it was in very poor taste. But everyone knew who I was right away! My hair looks a lot like hers anyway.

It's a little shocking how easy that Southern Comfort goes down.

I cannot stand Southern Comfort. It was definitely a staple at campus parties at the University of Alabama. So here are a pair of recipes for you:

Alabama Slammer 

1 oz Southern Comfort

1 oz Sloe Gin

1 oz Amaretto

2 oz Fresh orange juice

Orange wedge garnish

Shake over ice until well chilled. Strain. Pour into highball glass with fresh ice. Can also be served as a shot (no wedge)

Alabama Slammer ll 

1 oz Southern Comfort

1 oz Amaretto

Dash Grenadine

4 oz  Fresh orange Juice

Shake until well chilled. Pour over new ice. Or strain into shot glasses.

1 hour ago, Evelyn said:

I cannot stand Southern Comfort.

I've not had it since that night, which ended...badly. But I've had plenty of Alabama Slammers in my day, because I'm from NJ, for heavens sake. Where we have a drink that's a combination Alabama Slammer and Kamikaze, and if I could remember the name of it, I'd type it here.

ETA: Red Death. The internet remembers, because it drinks less than I do.

Difficult to find a 375ml bottle of Chartreuse. My local stores have the full size for sixty bucks, but in the proportions I use it that would probably last me two years.

I got stubborn about it. Went downtown. Tried a few local liquor stores. No. Tried Warehouse Wine and Liquor. To my amazement no (and they were also out of the well gin I buy there because it’s as good as Tanqueray and ten bucks a liter).

Astor Wines. Yes, one bottle on the shelf. Did not care whether yellow or green at this stage. #schlep