I'll just note that I saw a few years ago one advantage to working from home that people are noting now.

When I switched from being a lawyer working in an office who hated his job to being an arts writer working at home who loves his job, I very quickly lost 20, maybe 30 pounds.

And the reason was, I didn't hate my life so much that I had to go out every day and treat myself to a huge fucking bigass lunch.  In fact, I became so absorbed in my work that I barely took time off to have any lunch.

This continues now.  Because, to tell you the truth, during the day my life under Quarantine isn't really any different than it's been since I became a freelance writer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, shipping costs are inflating quantities of food ordered.    You order to get the most product/shipping.   Then if you want to vary your diet with another category, seafood vs meat for instance,

For many of us, working from home and not spending time on a commute means there's more time to cook and/or put an effort into the food we're eating. Plus, we're all spending more time posting on Mout

Is there anything more on brand for our median user than this when paired with posts walking through the micro green book at Regalis? 

Posted Images

Oh yeah also our fish supplier was closed for the first 6 weeks of quarantine so it was all poultry/beef/etc for us for a while except once a week mussels or clams from freshdirect since their other fish is garbage. Now our fish store is open so back to 2-3 nights a week of simple fish. 

9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

One thing that's hard to do -- i.e., don't even try -- is explaining to normal people why Fresh Direct just doesn't cut it.

It certainly doesn't cut it when having to play the can I get a time slot delivery game.  But for home bound people (which I consider myself at this time), it works for certain things.  Like my wife's diet coke. Or poulet rouge, when they fucking had it. Or frozen Utopia bagels. et al.

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

It certainly doesn't cut it when having to play the can I get a time slot delivery game.  But for home bound people (which I consider myself at this time), it works for certain things.  Like my wife's diet coke. Or poulet rouge, when they fucking had it. Or frozen Utopia bagels. et al.

We have a weekly reserved slot...I don't really know what we'd do without it right now. Produce is decent enough, at least as good as our whole foods which I'd rather not enter.  Stokes farm csa starts in a few weeks thankfully. We serve as distribution center for both of our parents so they don't need to go to the stores. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

[deleted][too personally devisive][too Marxist]

Is there anything more on brand for our median user than this when paired with posts walking through the micro green book at Regalis? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Tubbs said:

Um the supply chain is already breaking down. Freshdirect is mostly out of steaks, brisket, etc. Local BBQ guy posted he can't get brisket anymore at restaurant depot. So I'm pretty annoyed that I lost a bunch of meat when me freezer hiccuped but glad I still have a good amount that survived. 

I highly recommend wifi logging thermometers in freezers and fridges with $$$ contents. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Orik said:

I highly recommend wifi logging thermometers in freezers and fridges with $$$ contents. 

That situation has been remedied already. Making this even more stupid on my part I had an extra sensor push sitting in the same room as the freezer, unused. 

I've been losing some weight too, even with N and my baking adventures, thanks to less snacking and almost no opportunities to buy bakery sweets.  My cholesterol levels are probably increasing, though.

12 hours ago, Tubbs said:

That situation has been remedied already. Making this even more stupid on my part I had an extra sensor push sitting in the same room as the freezer, unused. 

Our fridge beeps loudly at us. Super annoying when you're trying to clean the thing, but great otherwise.