Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

Christo

RIP And thanks for the endless inspiration. Wish I could've seen Running Fence in person, but at least I got to see this.

christo.jpg.880077ee986dd4f5c8901c5624185b6c.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I loved The Gates so much.  

Me too.  Such bright color in a bleak landscape.

About 40 years ago, I attended a party at an apartment in what is now Koreatown.  On one wall of the apartment was a piece of the wrapping from one of Christo's projects.  The apartment was rented to one James Sly.  https://www.edhat.com/news/chef-james-sly-dies-at-67   20 years ago I attended a house party/piano recital at a sculptor's home in what was and remains the Beachwood Canyon/Hollywood Dell area.  In one room was a large yellow umbrella from Christo's umbrella project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

About 40 years ago, I attended a party at an apartment in what is now Koreatown.  On one wall of the apartment was a piece of the wrapping from one of Christo's projects.  The apartment was rented to one James Sly.  https://www.edhat.com/news/chef-james-sly-dies-at-67   20 years ago I attended a house party/piano recital at a sculptor's home in what was and remains the Beachwood Canyon/Hollywood Dell area.  In one room was a large yellow umbrella from Christo's umbrella project.

I wanna party with you, cowboy.

• Like 1

What I still remember about The Gates is standing upon Belvedere Castle looking down on a snowy Great Lawn punctuated with a ribbons of orange and it looked spectacular.

• Like 1