E.L.A.

So...here's the elephant in the room question...

11 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I worry about having friends over.

We’re typically having  4 and no more than 6 including us and only close friends that we know have been safe. All of our dinners/lunches with friends have been outside. It has provided us a bit of sanity which we believe with minimal risk. So far so good.

• Like 2

Though our apartment has 2,460 square feet of deck, its table is only six feet long, before ten became the new six.

So we can't have anyone over after all.

No, I'm looking forward to hosting again. And grateful that the guest bathroom is closest to the deck door. My motto with lovely spouse has always been, since before we were married, "food first," which is why our wedding was in a barbecue restaurant. But my new metric of friendship is sanitary, not culinary: you gotta be worth me closing that bathroom door for three days before I clean and Clorox it again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mitchells said:

We’re typically having  4 and no more than 6 including us and only close friends that we know have been safe. All of our dinners/lunches with friends have been outside. It has provided us a bit of sanity which we believe with minimal risk. So far so good.

Is that the road to sanity? Because I might be looking for that road, after spending 24/7 with my (admittedly lovely) wife and (admittedly lovely) cat. For the last 120+ days.

You do have a lovely cat!

For N's birthday on Saturday, we had one person over: the same person she's been seeing nearly every day (he's her writing coach and good friend).  We hope to have an outdoor BBQ next month with 2 friends whom we visited a few weeks ago.  That's going to be it for a while

• Like 1