• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luckily, many of the concerts I went to in High School ('67-70) were outdoors in Central Park or the Flushing NYS Pavilion.  Some of those I went to at the Fillmore East were brutal.  Lee Michaels had

Ok.  Sounds like a fuller, more comprehensive analysis.  But, as you agree, the result is that some rock music is worse with equipment that is better.  Somewhat like not wanting the lighting to be bet

Such an interesting discussion, at least the parts I can understand. When we were kids, my friends and I all wanted great stereos. From Crazy Eddie to Uncle Julie's (whose shop I think was in Hem

Posted Images

Here's the review that I think best captures what I love about my amp (remembering that the extra power in the "400" model I have over the "300" reviewed here obviates some of the concerns stated) (and emphasizing that the models below the "300" level lack some crucially important features):

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/primaluna-evo-300-integrated-valve-amplifier-review.18785

While we're review-mongering, this is probably the most famous review of my amp (and the one that excited me to check it out in the first place):  https://primaluna.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/primaluna_evo400_me2-2020_engels_compressed.pdf  (I think it's a little too "touty" -- the Dutch author is clearly looking to support Dutch products -- if you know what I mean)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course, if any of my tubes give out now, we're in the middle of an international supply crisis (and good:  I'm not inclined to buy Russian products right now).

YIKES.