Dining Out: Where would you go?

20 hours ago, Steve R. said:

Think of the positive side -- your photography has gotten much better. 😇

My photography is the same; the place has decent lighting.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At one restaurant, we picked the fennel flowers from the planter next to us and used them on our fried anchovies. Can't do that indoors!

A good summary from El País:   https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html?ssm=TW_CC

I don’t want to leave because I think somewhere else would be “nice”. I want to leave because I think American Death Capitalism is malicious and evil. 

Posted Images

If you're vaccinated and the staff is vaccinated then I really don't see the issue.

p.s. a couple of recent dinners in Florida recently - one restaurant was outdoor only, another had reduced capacity to the degree that you could barely see other diners. Staff with masks everywhere. I'm sure things are very different in less nyc facing parts of the state.

40 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I'm not fully vaccinated yet.  The people I'd be eating with may or not be vaccinated at all.  And I can have no idea whether the staff is vaccinated.

See - your unwillingness to get seriously ill or risk others is hurting the industry!

On 3/16/2021 at 5:39 PM, Orik said:

I'm sure things are very different in less nyc facing parts of the state.

I guess they are very different.

image.thumb.png.3bf67d4bb90cf8077a1783dce0e59dcb.png

• 2 weeks later...

First indoor dinner this Friday at one of the bromakase places. Really cannot get that with outdoor dining or takeout. Haven't had great sushi in over a year, can't wait. Atoboy next week in one of their outdoor seats. 

Are all the outdoor "bubbles" space for more than 2?  I booked two but figured if last minute one of our friends wanted to join it should be easy if it's automatically larger tables anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, Anthony Bonner said:

SIts here smugly with EU passports for everyone. Realizes will never actually leave...

Sneak - Portugal has very low investor visa minimums - like 500k in property.  And a path to citizenship (Which the other programs don't offer in Spain et al., and you want citizenship to access healthcare)

Uh-oh:     https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/14/realestate/house-hunting-in-portugal-lisbon-sintra.html