Dining Out: Where would you go?

10 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

You are making me miss Mont Blanc 52. The martinis were dry enough, but you could practically swim a length in them. Two was the limit.

There was a place I used to bring dates (this was a very long time ago) somewhere around 57th & 6th (but I don't think it was Rue 57) that served these giant martinis in a stemless glass that was submerged in a bowl of crushed ice. I would like to go back there, whatever it was.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At one restaurant, we picked the fennel flowers from the planter next to us and used them on our fried anchovies. Can't do that indoors!

A good summary from El País:   https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html?ssm=TW_CC

I don’t want to leave because I think somewhere else would be “nice”. I want to leave because I think American Death Capitalism is malicious and evil. 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Or as José at Sardi’s once announced to everyone sitting at the bar, I like them the RIGHT way. 

Was there a greater revelation than Audrey's Fitty-Fitty, oh, those many years ago?

• 2 weeks later...