Dining Out: Where would you go?

21 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

Atomix is reopening oct 7. I'm really tempted. Very few diners and presumably an already robust air filtration system (since they are in a basement). The one thing I really miss is very high end food. Long meal though. 

Imagine the stranger sitting closest to you, even if it's ten feet away, coughs four times twenty minutes into your meal. Unmasked. Covers his mouth for the last two, but his hand doesn't quite make it to his mouth for the first two. How do you feel?

Then he coughs again, twice, ten minutes later. Are you enjoying yourself?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At one restaurant, we picked the fennel flowers from the planter next to us and used them on our fried anchovies. Can't do that indoors!

I don’t want to leave because I think somewhere else would be “nice”. I want to leave because I think American Death Capitalism is malicious and evil. 

Amazingly, I can wait - even though I love supporting my friends and acquaintances in the biz, and even though I love dining out, none of this sounds like what I consider a good, fun restaurant experi

Posted Images

On 9/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, joethefoodie said:

And I'm probably in a higher risk group than you - for me, it really has to do with avoiding potentially getting the vid.

Yes, but moreover the loss of schmoozing with waitstaff, the mutual celebration over a great dish, shared appreciation for the wine...all this seems difficult behind masks and in a relatively empty restaurant.   

44 minutes ago, sweatshorts said:

Imagine the stranger sitting closest to you, even if it's ten feet away, coughs four times twenty minutes into your meal. Unmasked. Covers his mouth for the last two, but his hand doesn't quite make it to his mouth for the first two. How do you feel?

Tempted...but still not doing it yet. But atomix or something like it is definitely the first indoor meal I plan on having. Nothing else seems worth it. 

11 hours ago, sweatshorts said:

God, I got sick just reading that.

10 hours ago, voyager said:

Yes, but moreover the loss of schmoozing with waitstaff, the mutual celebration over a great dish, shared appreciation for the wine...all this seems difficult behind masks and in a relatively empty restaurant.   

of course.

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

Don't know about Canada, but I have heard Norway is very strict.

Canada's not that thrilled about us either. I've looked.

Lemme add - I think they're (Canada) happier if you can actually provide a service (i.e.: something of value), start a business offering jobs, not be a freeloader, etc.  Like I said, they're not that thrilled about ME.

SIts here smugly with EU passports for everyone. Realizes will never actually leave...

Sneak - Portugal has very low investor visa minimums - like 500k in property.  And a path to citizenship (Which the other programs don't offer in Spain et al., and you want citizenship to access healthcare)