• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I asked you in another thread if you enjoy eating this food. Your answer was basically no, but there was a lot going on in your life (don't have time to look for the posts right now). I understand you

It's just too easy to tear this stuff apart for it to be fun, Daniel, but I salute your efforts to be better. 

Daniel, I think that, as a species, we've chosen to set up systems to feed ourselves without (or with minimal) regard to the suffering it causes other species.   That you want to make a dent in that i

Posted Images

Funny we should bring up Chimps.. Just like us, their bodies are built to be herbivores. Like us, they can eat meat but, they don't need to, just like us.  Nor have they devised away to torture and mutilate 77 billions animals in a year, unlike us. 😇

Or is it more ironic we brought up Chimps and eating

How did HIV cross from chimps to humans?

The most commonly accepted theory is that of the 'hunter'. In this scenario, SIVcpz was transferred to humans as a result of chimps being killed and eaten, or their blood getting into cuts or wounds on people in the course of hunting.5 Normally, the hunter's body would have fought off SIV, but on a few occasions the virus adapted itself within its new human host and became HIV-1.

Or we can bring up almost any animal and talk about how us eating them caused a world wide pandemic. 

Trigger Warning:   I too am responsible for all of it.  

1 hour ago, Anthony Bonner said:

chimps aren't herbivores.

I mean, either are we because we eat meat but, our bodies are made to eat plants. We  can stick anything into our face and chew. 

1 hour ago, Orik said:

How do you know it's 77 billion and not 78 or 76?

How about saying 1/3 of the worlds surface is used for agriculture. 77 percent of that is used for murdering and torturing animals.  I have personally done all of this math.. I had a t1 calculator and a very large tape ruler. 

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, either are we because we eat meat but, our bodies are made to eat plants. We  can stick anything into our face and chew. 

I'm happy you've found veganism, I have good friends who are vegan, and mostly agree with a lot of what you say regarding intensive agriculture.  But its just simply not true our bodies were "made" to eat plants.   Our dentition isn't evolved for that, neither is our gut. We have big small intestines and smaller stomach.

All of the higher apes consume some animal protein, though  <3-5% of their diet.

21 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

I'm happy you've found veganism, I have good friends who are vegan, and mostly agree with a lot of what you say regarding intensive agriculture.  But its just simply not true our bodies were "made" to eat plants.   Our dentition isn't evolved for that, neither is our gut. We have big small intestines and smaller stomach.

All of the higher apes consume some animal protein, though  <3-5% of their diet.

There are a lot of people that would argue with you.. I am not going to because I do not know enough.. But, there are cases made by doctors and scientist.. 

Teeth, jaws, all of that, I have heard debated that says we are not carnivores.. We do not have fangs, claws, our jaws move side to side, not up and down, our molars are used for grinding plants.  Our stomach acidity, our intestinal length has been cited countless times proving to some that we are indeed herbivorous.  Not to mention all of the diseases eating meat causes in human bodies.. Not just the pandemic ones but, like osteoporosis, heart disease, cancers, a lot of things, related to meat consumption.   
Then there is the greatest proof, the fact that there are millions of people living healthy and happy lives, most likely healthier, just eating plants. 

Then there is the old, put a baby in a crib with an apple and a bunny.  See which one it eats. 

Intestinal Length

Animals who hunt have short intestinal tracts and colons that allow meat to pass through their bodies relatively quickly, before it can rot and cause illness. Humans’ intestinal tracts are much longer than those of carnivores of comparable size. Longer intestines allow the body more time to break down fiber and absorb the nutrients from plant-based foods, but they make it dangerous for humans to eat meat. The bacteria in meat have extra time to multiply during the long trip through the digestive system, increasing the risk of food poisoning. Meat actually begins to rot while it makes its way through human intestines, which increases the risk of developing colon cancer.

Stomach Acidity

Carnivorous animals swallow their food whole, relying on extremely acidic stomach juices to break down flesh and kill the dangerous bacteria in it, which would otherwise sicken or kill them. Our stomach acids are much weaker in comparison, because strong acids aren’t needed to digest prechewed fruits and vegetables

16 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

we aren't obligate carnivores either.

would you at least concede that a human could live a healthy live as an herbivore.