• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My ambitious plan actually came together. Thanks, given. Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, tomato bisque (not pictured), mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts slaw, mashed potatoes a la Robuchon (i.

i'm totally off the hook for the first time in almost 50 years. no turkey, no sweet potatoes, no cranberry sauce. i'm thinking short ribs and polenta 

I'm pivoting to partridge. I decided having as flavorful a bird as grouse on Thanksgiving would be highly untraditional.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, voyager said:

Cal Mart had fresh Washington state crab today.   $19.95/pound.

That's a lot.  But probably the only game in town until 12/1.

So I ended up ordering 2 partridges, which I will  have to pretend are 2 really small chickens, so my other half doesn't run away from the table. I'll even overcook hers.

We're going traditional Thanksgiving with a total of 3 people in our house. Delivering portions to 6 others who would have been with us and doing a happy hour with them while watching the Cowboys lose.  Several older people in the mix who want at least one more traditional Thanksgiving. 

We’re doing a family Zoom call, which our acknowledgment that things are “off” this year. Considering the epic blowup that occurred 4 years ago perhaps it’s better we’re not together this year.

Friendly piece of advice - if a cousin has royally pissed you off and you’re venting, do not send a text meant for one person in the family group chat.

11 hours ago, StephanieL said:

I already can't believe I spent $110 on a heritage turkey.

Wow!   Enjoy!

And to think that we have to dodge wild turkeys on roads around our weekend place, and even at times shoo them off the property before they become too much at home

12 hours ago, voyager said:

Wow!   Enjoy!

And to think that we have to dodge wild turkeys on roads around our weekend place, and even at times shoo them off the property before they become too much at home

We live between two creeks, so there are wild turkeys roaming certain blocks of the neighborhood.  Also, N's friend wants to eventually learn how to safely shoot and dress a wild turkey, so check back in a couple of years and we may have the real thing.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, bloviatrix said:

We’re doing a family Zoom call, which our acknowledgment that things are “off” this year. Considering the epic blowup that occurred 4 years ago perhaps it’s better we’re not together this year.

Friendly piece of advice - if a cousin has royally pissed you off and you’re venting, do not send a text meant for one person in the family group chat.

Ooohhhhh! That sounds like fun!

If I may add,  if you are venting about a cousin's wife, do not accidentally add the cousin's sister to the email, especially not if she shares the same name as her brother's wife.