Anyone know anything about the brushing scam?     Unsolicited packages start to arrive.    The sender (Amazon) will not take them back, telling you to either keep the shipment or donate it to charity, that they have no way to trace its origin.    This sounds strange to me since they have tracking numbers, but that is their policy.    These packages (3 this week) are addressed to one of two possible brothers (result of Googling) but to our address.     Our names are nowhere on them.     If they were, I'd be hysterical.    What's up and what should we do?    Plan now is to dump them at Sal Army.

I just got off a chat with Amazon and this person was able/willing to use tracking number to establish the sender.     Said he flagged the account.    Will see if the shipments stop.     Person on a previous phone call, after the first delivery, said it was impossible to do this, which sounded sketchy to me.

I mean it sounds like they are just finding random people so they can increase their sales and ratings. We all see on Amazon for cheap things you just choose the top hit with 5 stars. It's not particularly difficult for your name and address to show up on a list somewhere, especially if you own your property. 

Not brushing, but I had a strange experience with Amazon. I ordered a bunch of things for Chanukah that required three separate packages - one of which never arrived. It was put on a truck in Jamaica, Queens and then crickets. Fortunately, I was able to have them re-send the order and it arrived 24 hours later with the request that if the original package arrived to ship it back.

Today I received an email from Amazon thanking me for the return.

I've had some weird Amazon shipping experiences too, but nothing ominous. Once I ordered a case of 64 oz bottles of V8 (I drink a lot of V8) and got a case of 48 oz bottles. So I asked them just to send me enough to make up the difference, but they sent me another case. A very similar thing happened when I ordered two bottles of conditioner and got a single bottle. The moral of this story is that you can get a lot of free stuff from Amazon.

Someone I know ordered a fake cow-hide rug and got a Skip the Dishes thermal delivery bag instead. Really really weird mix up. Sometimes when you get mistaken items, they tell you to keep them, but in this case, they made her send it back.

She was all the more annoyed because she had just had a terrible experience with Skip, and had vowed never to use the service again. She felt like someone was taunting her.